King Arthur's Glastonbury And Cheddar Gorge Day Trip Experience From London
OverviewEnjoy a day out in the Somerset countryside on this full-day tour of Glastonbury and the Cheddar Gorge, by luxury coach. You wont have to pull the sword out of any stones to feel like a King. On this trip to King Arthurs countrylearn about its complex secrets and enchanting myths.Visit attractions such as the Abbey and Glastonbury Tor. See thedramatic Cheddar Gorge, one of Britains most renowned natural wonders. This is a shared tour with a maximum of 30 people.
- All entrance fees included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tourWe leavecentral London at 8:00am, departing for Glastonbury in a westerly direction, passing through England's smallest Cathedral city of Wells. You will arrive in Glastonbury around 11:30am. The excitement buildsas you will hear about the legend of King Arthur. The area is known for it's mythical connections to the fabled hero.
You will also have free time in Glastonbury to visit attractions such as the Abbey,as well as time to explore the ruins of St. Michaels Church, taking pride of place on Glastonbury Tor. The church was said to be destroyed by a powerful earthquake during the dark ages. The Tor is also connected with King Arthur, and folklore has it that it is the mystical Isle of Avalon. You will also get to visit the famous Glastonbury Thorn; a site rumored to have been visited by Joseph of Arimithea carrying the Holy Grail. It is believed he climbed Wearyall Hill, whose name comes from his literal proclamation that 'we are weary all'. He then planted his staff in the ground and the following morning the staff had taken root, and had grown into the miraculous thorn tree still there today.
At around 2:30pm we set off through the Somerset countryside towardsthe charming English Town of Cheddar, where there will be a stop to explore the towns shops and the famous gorge, which is, in fact, Britains second greatest natural wonder.Upon arrival, you will be given free time to explore the village, gorge, and caves. Perhaps you could visit the famous Gough's Cave, which contains the Cheddar Yeo, the largest underground river system in Britain (admission not included).
At approximately 4:30pm, leave Cheddar for your return journey to London. As you travel on through the famous Cheddar Gorge, keep a lookout for the wild goats clinging to the cliffs. At approximately 7.45pm we will arrive back in London.
Inclusions for King Arthur's Glastonbury And Cheddar Gorge Day Trip Experience From London
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting point
Exclusions for King Arthur's Glastonbury And Cheddar Gorge Day Trip Experience From London
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 3 years
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Warner Bros Studio Tour London with transportation and Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- Thriller Live
- Wicked at the Apollo Victoria Theatre & Dinner at Jamie's Italian - Victoria
- The King and I
- Historic Royal Walking Pub Tour in London
- City of London Walking Tour
- Essential London Walking Tour
- London's Ultimate 5 hour Panoramic Black Taxi Tour