Kiwi Birdlife Park Admission - Queenstown
OverviewMeet the fascinating animals of New Zealand with admission to Kiwi Birdlife Park. Located in central Queenstown, the park features more than 20 native bird species and reptiles in nature exhibits. Walk around at your leisure, and check out daily keeper presentations to learn more about the feathered stars of the park. Watch kiwis in action, see birds flying free during wildlife shows, and take a look at other critters such as the Auckland green gecko, the cheeky kea and a prehistoric reptile called the tuatara. It's a fun and informative experience for both kids and adults.
Know More about this tourWhen you arrive at Kiwi Birdlife Park, a 5-acre wildlife park conveniently located in the center of Queenstown, you are free to enjoy the attractions and shows at your own pace.
Step into specially designed nocturnal houses that provide optimal viewing of kiwi birds, the national bird of New Zealand, and learn about their care and behavior from their keepers at four daily feedings. You can also get up-close looks at a variety of geckos, brightly colored parakeets and birds of prey.
Catch the parks biggest stars at the the New Zealand Conservation Show, held twice daily in an outdoor area enclosed in netting so that the birds can fly free. Among the creatures that may come out for the show are a kakariki (a type of parakeet), a huge New Zealand pigeon and a tuatara a prehistoric lizard that is sometimes called a living dinosaur.
You can also learn about the parks conservation efforts, which include rehabilitation of injured wildlife; the breeding of kiwis, pateke (a type of duck), buff weka (a flightless bird) and Antipodes Island parakeets for release in the wild; and the study of how global warming impacts tuatara populations.
Your admission ticket is valid for the entire day. If you want a bite to eat, head to the on-site cafe where you can purchase light meals and snacks.
Inclusions for Kiwi Birdlife Park Admission
- Admission ticket
Exclusions for Kiwi Birdlife Park Admission
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Wear sun protection and comfortable walking shoes
Audio guides are available in English and Japanese
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Milford Sound Sightseeing Cruise with Scenic Return Flights from Queenstown
- Half-Day Wakatipu Basin 4WD Tour from Queenstown
- Lake Wakatipu and Kawarau River Jet Boat Ride
- Half-Day Skippers Canyon Photography Tour from Queenstown
- Full-Day Routeburn Track Guided Hike from Queenstown
- Queenstown Triple Challenge (Jet Boat Ride, Helicopter and White Water Rafting)