OverviewDiscover the ancient Palace of Knossos and city of Heraklion while on this 9-hour full-day tour. Accompanied by a professional guide, learn about the temple and Minoan palace of Knosses. Enjoy free time in Heraklion to explore the streets and tour the local museum before returning to your Rethimno accommodations.
- Family friendly
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Comprehensive tour of the city
Know More about this tour
Begin the trip to Knossos Palace and Temple with a pickup from your central Rethimno hotel in the early morning. From there, proceed eastwards to Knossos, where upon your arrival, you will walk through the area for approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes. It contains the largest of the Minoan palaces that have been partially restored. The ruins and rebuilt parts belong to the last and largest Minoan Palace, the labyrinth of Knossos. View the impressive murals and throne of King Minos.
Next, head over to Heraklion city to start your 2-hour experience in the city. The town of Heraklion is the largest urban center of Crete, the capital of the region of Crete and the economic center of the island. Since the Minoan period, the town of Heraklion became the host of varied cultures and civilizations whose indelible marks are visible in the form of fountains, castles, walls, palaces and other monuments. Enjoy free time to have a typical lunch, shop, or pay an optional visit to the Archaeological Museum. At 4:00pm, you will board the bus and begin your journey back to your accommodations for a 6:00pm arrival.
Inclusions for Knossos And Heraklion Day Tour From Rethimno
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
Exclusions for Knossos And Heraklion Day Tour From Rethimno
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.