OverviewGraced with a stunning location on the confluence of the Rhine River and Moselle River, the historic city of Koblenz makes for a wonderful day trip from Frankfurt. Highlights on this small-group tour include a guided visit to Ehrenbreitstein Fortress, Europes second-largest preserved fortress, and a cable car ride over the UNESCO-listed Rhine Gorge. Enjoy free time to explore Koblenz at your leisure, and top off your experience with a typical German dinner on the banks of the Rhine.Numbers are limited to 7 on this small-group tour, ensuring youll receive personalized attention from your guide.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Dinner included
Know More about this tourDeparting from Frankfurt in the morning with your small-group, travel by comfortable coach through the Rhine Valley. Nicknamed 'The Romantic Rhine,' this portion of the German countryside is the most famous section of the Rhine River, and the section from Koblenz to Bingen and Rüdesheim is known as the outstanding Rhine Gorge, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Your first stop is mighty Ehrenbreitstein Fortress, Europe’s second-largest preserved fortress that rises above the Rhine River. Enjoy an amazing panoramic view over Koblenz and the confluence of the Rhine and Moselle rivers, and enter the fortress to learn about the history of this monumental site from your guide. You’ll discover its past as a strategic defense building during the Napoleonic wars and World War I, as well as its role among the Celts, Romans and knights thousands of years ago.
Follow your Ehrenbreitstein Fortress tour with a spectacular cable car ride across the Rhine Valley down to the Deutsches Eck (German Corner). The longest in Europe outside of the Alps, the Koblenz Cable Car takes you down an exhilarating 2,789 feet (850 meters).
Arriving in the city of Koblenz, enjoy some free time to wander Old Town and the new city center, where you can shop or relax in one of the lovely parks and admire the surrounding mountain scenery.
In the afternoon, make your way to a typical German restaurant on the banks of the Rhine to sit down to a hearty German meal with your travel companions (see sample menu below). Make your way back to Frankfurt after dinner.
Sample Menu (choose one)
- Roasted chicken with French fries and salad
- German schnitzel with seasonal vegetables
- Vegetarian option
Inclusions for Koblenz Day Trip From Frankfurt: Ehrenbreitstein Fortress, Rhine Valley Cable Car Ride And German Dinner
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fee to Ehrenbreitstein Fortress
- Cable car ride
Exclusions for Koblenz Day Trip From Frankfurt: Ehrenbreitstein Fortress, Rhine Valley Cable Car Ride And German Dinner
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.