Original City Discovery Tour - Ko Samui
OverviewDiscover some of the most scenic locations of Koh Samui on 6 Hours Samui Discovery Tour. Visit many of the island's prominent temples to see statues of Buddha and admire the extraordinary architecture. Go to Na Muang Waterfall, Monkey Theatre and more.
- See the curious rock formations of Hin Ta and Hin Yai
- Explore the vibrant market of Nathon town and shop for souvenirs
- Take a swim in Na Muang Waterfall
- Visit the Mummified Monk and learn the great story of Luong Pordaeng
- Get enchanting views of Koh Samui from different perspectives
- Explore the local culture and history at Lady Monk and Big Buddha Temple
Know More about this tour
- Discover Thailand’s second largest island and its abundant beaches and marvel at coconut trees with hanging fruit on a full-day discovery tour of Koh Samui.
- Start with a visit to the lakeside temple of Wai Plai Laem and admire a stunning feat of ancient Thai-Chinese architecture. See the giant statues of the Guanyin and Laughing Buddha before going to the Big Buddha Temple, known locally as Wat Phra Yai. Look at the gold painted, 12-meter high statue of Buddha.
- Continue to Chaweng Viewpoint (also known as "Lat Ko Viewpoint") for panoramic views of Lamai and Chaweng Beach. The enchanting sunrise on Chaweng Bay is definitely a treat for the eyes. Admire the rock formations of Hin Ta (Grandfather) and Hin Yai (Grandmother), shaped like male and female genitalia. The whole area is adorned with Oceanside rocks that are perfect for some quiet beach time.
- Next, go to the Monkey Theatre to see a performance arena that showcases trained monkeys demonstrating unique tricks, including harvesting coconuts. See a mummified body of the Thai monk, Luong Pordaeng, sitting in a meditative position in a glass case at the Mummified Monk. For the Thais, it is an act of reverence and reflection, and an acceptance of the natural order of things.
- Admire the cascades of the Na Muang Waterfall as they fall into a natural pool, ideal for cooling off from the day’s heat. One of Koh Samui's most scenic locations, it is perfect for an adventurous elephant safari and the path to the waterfalls is paved by stalls selling snacks and souvenirs.
- Explore the island's capital at Nathon, and get a wonderful opportunity to absorb Thai culture on the constantly buzzing streets. Catch the gorgeous sunset as it dips in the west before returning to your hotel.
Inclusions for Original City Discovery Tour
- Round-trip transfers from your hotel
- English-speaking guide
- Visit to all places as per itinerary
- Water and towel
Exclusions for Original City Discovery Tour
- Tips or gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Lunch (your guide can assist you with places to grab a quick bite while on the tour)
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.