Kona Coast To Volcanoes National Park Twilight Adventure
OverviewLeaving in the early afternoon, this private tour in a Mercedes Benz 11-passenger van takes you from the Big Island's western coast (Kona or Kohala) to the eastern coast of Hilo, then on to Volcanoes National Park to enjoy the sight of active lava flow at twilight. Go from sea level to several thousand feet and from dry sandy coasts to lush rain forest and moonlike volcanic territory. See simmering calderas and walk through a lava tube. Led by a professional photographer, this tour is flexible to allow you to see all your top wish-list sites on the Big Island.
- See the sights illuminated at night
- Free snacks included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourThis 9-hour, private tour begins with pickup in the early afternoon from anywhere on the North Kona or South Kohala coast. Wear comfortable walking shoes and layers, as you'll be traveling through various micro-climates and elevations.
Drive across the Big Island in a Mercedes Benz 11-passenger van on the Daniel K Inouye Highway, known locally as Saddle Road, which takes you between two massive volcanoes: Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. From sea level to several thousand feet, from sandy beachfront to lush forest and stark volcanic terrain, you'll see all the grandeur of the Big Island during this day trip.
Your first stop is the coast town of Hilo on the island's rainy east side. See Rainbow Falls, the Japanese gardens at Liliuokalani Park and Gardens, and the magnificent black sand beach at Richardson Ocean Park. Go north of Hilo along the Hamakua Coast on the Onomea Scenic Drive, as you wind along sea cliffs, through lush valleys and gulches, amid tropical rain forests, and across one-lane bridges.
Cutting inland, head to Volcanoes National Park and enter another world. Stop at Jaggar Museum and learn the geology of volcanoes, how the Hawaiian islands were formed from eruptions, and how each is actually an exposed peak of a huge underwater mountain range. At dusk, enjoy panoramic views of the Kilauea Caldera from the scenic overlook, including the ongoing lava glow of Halema'uma'u crater from a recent eruption in 2008.
You'll also see various steam vents, the Kilauea Iki Crater, and walk through the Thurston Lava Tube, a spherical conduit formed from when lava hardens. This private tour. led by a professional photographer, is flexible to allow you to see all your top wish-list sites on the Big Island.
Inclusions for Kona Coast To Volcanoes National Park Twilight Adventure
- Private tour
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Kona Coast To Volcanoes National Park Twilight Adventure
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Fees $10 per person
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable walking shoes and layers as nighttime temperatures will be cool
At time of booking, please advise hotel name and address in North Kona Coast or South Kohala Coast
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.