Kona Coffee And Craters
OverviewJoin the Kona Coffee and Craters Tour for a Big Island off road climb up the cool and misty slopes of Hualalai volcano. Pinzgauers carry you up to 6,000 feet (1,800 meters) elevation to visit a surreal scene of lava flows and a forest full of native birdsong. This adventure tour teaches you all about the best of Kona - coffee and volcanoes!
Know More about this tourSee the geologic forces which helped create the Big Island at Kaupulehu Crater, the heart of Hualalai's last eruption. Visit magnificent coastal viewpoints, see stunning lava formations, and scramble through a lava tube on foot.
Climb aboard the Hualalai Holoholo PinzTrek and head off on a Big Island off road adventure up the side of Hualalai, one of Hawaii's most fascinating natural volcanic areas. The off-road Pinzgauers carry you from sea-level through a dense rain forest to a world of volcanic majesty at 6,000 ft. (1,800 meters) of elevation on privately owned lands of Kaupulehu. Although in plain sight of Kailua-Kona, these seldom-visited uplands are seemingly geologic light-years away!
Amidst distinctive native birdsongs, this rock-rambling tour will take you through a beautiful and surreal landscape of native dryland forest, lava flows and enormous, deep craters. Your guide will also lead you, on foot, on an exploration of an impressive lava tube. In this quiet and refreshing sub-alpine climate, your guide will explain the awe-inspiring forces of volcanism and the historic eruptions that changed the landscape of the Kona Coast far below. You'll also visit a mountain coffee plantation and sip Kona coffee on the journey homeward.
This Kona Coffee and Crater tour involves a short walk of under 1 mile (1.6km), however, all participants must be able to walk on uneven terrain and make short climbs unassisted.
Inclusions for Kona Coffee And Craters
- Bottled water
- Wet weather gear if required
- Local taxes
Exclusions for Kona Coffee And Craters
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
We recommend that guests wear closed-toe walking shoes or hiking boots, shorts, short sleeved shirt, and bring a light sweatshirt or jacket
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not recommended for child aged 7 and under
Not recommended for participants with back or neck problems
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Transfer: Cairo Airport Arrival in Private Van
- Kadathanadan Kalari Centre & Navarasa Kathakali Centre , Thekkady
- Private Ho Chi Minh City Arrival Transfer: Airport to Hotel
- Private Ho Chi Minh City Departure Transfer: Hotel to Airport
- Peller Estates Winery Tasting
- Museum of Saint Joseph's Oratory of Mount Royal