Kona Shore Excursion: Kona Historical Coast And Culture Tour With Coffee Plantation - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
OverviewExperience old Hawaii with a step back in time on the Kailua-Kona coastline with this 4.5-hour, small-group tour of no more than 14 travelers. Enjoy the scenic coastline while you learn of the ancient Hawaiian culture, thearrival of Captain James Cook, and the transition to modern-day Hawaii. Tour anold coffee plantation with optional stops at the Painted Church, ora local chocolate factory.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourBegin your tour in Kailua-Kona with morning or mid-morning pickup from your hotel, the airport, or port. Then head down scenic Alii Drive along the waterfront, scattered with white-sand beaches and surf breaks.
Stop at Kahaluu Beach Park, a popular snorkeling spot home to Hawaiian green sea turtles, and then learn about Kuamoo Bay, a historic battle and Hawaiian burial site.
Travel up to theKona coffee belt corridor, and stop at a coffee plantationthat has been in production since 1850. Take a tour to learn about the coffee process, from farm to cup, while you sample specialty coffee roasts. Then continuesouth to Kealakekua Bay, and view the Captain Cook Monument and marine life conservation district where spinner dolphins gather. Explore Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park, a place of refuge and sacred Hawaiian cultural site.
Finally, enjoy the scenic driveback to Kailua-Kona with optional stops at the Painted Church or a local chocolate factory. Your tour ends with return to your starting point.
Inclusions for Kona Shore Excursion: Kona Historical Coast And Culture Tour With Coffee Plantation
- Professional guide
- National park entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Light snacks
- Kona hotel, airport, or port pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Kona Shore Excursion: Kona Historical Coast And Culture Tour With Coffee Plantation
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats may be available on request if advised at time of booking. Hawaii state law requires safety seats thru age 7
A maximum of 14 people per booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately (be prepared for sun, wind and rain)
Covered walking shoes are required
At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Zodiac Raft and Snorkeling Expedition in Kealakekua Bay
- Pearl Harbor History Remembered Tour from Ko Olina
- Small Group Surf Lesson
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Full-Day Tour from Kona
- Endangered Birds Of Hawaii
- Guaranteed Manta Ray Night Snorkel
- Dolphin Encounter and Kealakekua Bay Reef Snorkel
- Deluxe Kona Coast Snorkel and BBQ Cruise