Kona Tour: Coffee Plantation, Kealakekua Bay, Kaloko-Honokohau Park And Bee Farm
OverviewDiscover the history, beauty and culture of the Big Island on this 6.5-hour tour of the Kona coast. See sacred Hawaiian temples and ancient petroglyphs at Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park, and walk to Honokohau Beach to spot native wildlife. Admire scenic views of Kealakekua Bay, and go on a walking tour of Puuhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park, considered a sacred site. Youll also visit a bee farm and coffee plantation for tastings at both, plus lunch. Numbers are limited to 15 to ensure you enjoy a small-group experience.
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourStart your day tour with pickup from Kona and Kohala hotels, and then head to Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park, where you'll follow your guide on a short hike along a nature trail to sacred Hawaiian temples and ancient petroglyphs left by the areas original inhabitants. At the end of trail, come upon Honokohau Beach, abundant with local wildlife like green sea turtles, native birds and perhaps even a Hawaiian monk seal one of only two mammals native to the Hawaiian Islands.
Hop back in the minivan for the drive through downtown Kona, where you can glimpse historical landmarks such as Hulihee Palace and Mokuaikaua Church, the oldest Christian church in the Hawaiian Islands. En route to South Kona, admire the unveiling of the Big Islands jagged coastline. A scenic road takes you to Kealakekua Bay, where Captain James Cook landed in 1778 during a festival dedicated to Lono, the fertility god.
Make your next stop at Big Island Bees, a farm that has produced raw and organic honey since 1972. Join the beekeeper for a lively, educational exploration of bees, beekeeping and honey that includes an open beehive demonstration that you'll watch from a safe, screened viewing area. Sample raw, single-flower, organic honey while you check out the museums tools, photographs and displays to learn about the history of beekeeping and honey production.
After catching another look at pristine Kealakekua Bay, follow your guide on a narrated walking tour through Puuhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park. Explore the ancient royal grounds, and learn about the sanctuary of Puuhonua, a place of refuge for Hawaiians who broke sacred laws called kapu.
Finally, experience one of the Big Island's absolute must-dos a tour of a Kona coffee farm. Discover thriving coffee orchards, and learn about the meticulous harvesting process from local coffee farmers. Then explore the coffee mills to see how the beans are processed, and sip a freshly brewed cup to experience the rich aroma and flavorful taste that distinguish Kona coffee from other varieties. Finish your tour with lunch at the coffee farm before youre dropped off at your hotel in the afternoon.
Inclusions for Kona Tour: Coffee Plantation, Kealakekua Bay, Kaloko-Honokohau Park And Bee Farm
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Honey and coffee tastings
- Use of rain gear, if needed
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Kona Tour: Coffee Plantation, Kealakekua Bay, Kaloko-Honokohau Park And Bee Farm
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Arrival Transfer from Marrakech Airport
- The Museum Vessel VITYAZ in Kaliningrad
- "Poopoo Land" Attraction Ticket
- Private Transfer - Cairo Airport Arrivals Hall to Hotel
- Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA