Konavle Valley Wine Tour From Dubrovnik With Train Ride
OverviewVenture to Croatias southernmost tip on this full-day trip to Konavle Valley from Dubrovnik, visiting four traditional family-run wineries. After traveling by coach to the heart of the region, hop aboard a mini-train and travel between the different wineries in attention-grabbing style! Meet local winemakers, sample exquisite Croatian wines and savor a wonderfully rustic peasants lunch before visiting the village of Ljuta to see a demonstration of another time-honored local craft wool making!
Know More about this tourLeave your Dubrovnik hotel by air-conditioned coach and head south to Konavle Valley on the southernmost tip of Croatia. Flanked by the Adriatics steep sea cliffs on one side and the foothills of Snijenica Mountain on the other, the valley is as scenic as it is well-suited for winemaking -- evidenced by the abundance of vineyards and fruit trees peppering the countryside.
Hear the history of this relatively undiscovered area from your guide as you travel through its sleepy villages, admiring the sights. First stop is in Brajkovici village to visit a family-run wine cellar. Learn about grape cultivation in the valley and hear about the centuries-old expertise that attributes to the winerys success. Besides a history of wine production, the unassuming little village also boasts a mini-train that runs deep into the heart of Konavle Valley. Board this train next, and then hop on and off as you travel through the area, visiting three more family-run wineries.
At each one, meet the local winemakers and hear their production secrets interpreted by your guide. Sample their best whites and reds, and try a few of the regions syrupy sweet dessert wines while learning about their defining characteristics. In one of the vineyards, a typical peasants brunch will be served to help you soak up the wines. Feast on a suitably rustic (and delicious) dish of bacon, onions, cheese, eggs and bread, and then enjoy a slice of traditional cake at the last winery visited.
Hop back aboard your mini-train for a final ride to the coastal village of Ljuta. Visit its old mill to learn how the villages flour was milled in bygone days, and then watch a demonstration of another village craft wool making! Dressed in Croatias eye-catching national attire, a host at the mill will explain these crafts, while showing you how vital goods were made.
Return to your Dubrovnik by coach, and arrive back at your hotel in the early evening.
Inclusions for Konavle Valley Wine Tour From Dubrovnik With Train Ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach from Dubrovnik to Brajkovici
- Mini-train transport from Brajkovici through Konavle Valley
- 3 wine-tasting sessions
- Lunch and cake
- Entrance fee to the mill in Ljuta
Exclusions for Konavle Valley Wine Tour From Dubrovnik With Train Ride
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Comfortable shoes are advisable
Minimum age for wine tasting is 18 years old
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Dubrovnik, Orebic or Korcula Town Hotels to Dubrovnik Airport
- Taste of Dalmatia Day Trip from Dubrovnik
- Croatia Elafiti Islands Cruise from Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik Shore Excursion: Old Town Walking Tour
- Shared Arrival Transfer: Dubrovnik Airport to Dubrovnik, Cavtat, Orebic and Korcula Town Hotels
- Private Departure Transfer: Dubrovnik, Orebic or Korcula Town Hotels to Dubrovnik Port
- Montenegro's Coast Day-Trip from Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik: Private Speed Boat Boat tour to the Islands