On the day, make your way to the restaurant at Reykjavik Old Harbor. The cutting-edge restaurant is famed for its use of fresh, local Icelandic ingredients from the sea and land.
Order your drinks at own expense, and then enjoy your 9-course meal from the Adventure Menu. Made up of delicate creations that aim to surprise your taste buds, the menu is rarely ever the same, but you can expect specialities such as cod tongues in orly (beer-flavored dough) and redfish with mango. Read on for a sample menu.
After your meal, leave the restaurant and walk to the pier where your cruise boat awaits. Step aboard and cruise out to sea to look for the Northern Lights, also known as the Aurora Borealis.
Enjoy views of illuminated Reykjavik and its mountainous backdrop as you cruise to a prime Northern Lights viewing spot, far from the citys lights. Scan the skies for the dancing ribbons of light, and learn about the science and Icelandic folklore associated with them from the onboard video and guided commentary. With a little luck, youll catch a spectacular display, although sightings cant be guaranteed.
After roughly 2.5 hours at sea, return to the harbor where your experience ends.
Sample Menu:Nine courses including dishes such as:
- Cod tongues in orly with sherry- and garlic-flavored cream cheese and a lemon dip
- Marinated scallops in their shells with scallop ceviche, dill cream and salmon roe
- Redfish cooked two ways, served with snap peas, mango and peanut butter
- Monkfish served with bacon, pesto, basil sauce and tempura broccoli
- Lamb fillet with mushrooms, port and garlic, accompanied by mushrooms, potatoes and barnaise sauce
- Daim bar cheesecake with raspberry sauce, Skyr (traditional Icelandic yogurt) sorbet and white chocolate
- Warm caramel cake with peanuts, salted caramel ice cream, mascarpone cheese, white chocolate mousse and caramel sauce