OverviewGo to the same Korean BBQ restaurant featured on "Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown" on this classic Korean night out of BBQ and drinks. Spend a lively evening with a Korean food expert to learn about Korean BBQ and drinking etiquette, and then experience traditional and trendy alcoholic drinks in an energetic classic pub filled with Koreans from all walks of life. You will also explore a market famous for its pigs feet and a colorful market selling savory pancakes and tempura made from most anything under the sun. Make sure to bring your camera, but don't lose it, or they may fry it. This is the most intense way to immerse yourself in Korean food culture.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Dinner included
- Free drinks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourOut of all districts in Seoul, Mapo is the best known for Korean BBQ. On this tour you will dine at the epicenter of Mapo-style BBQ for some charcoal grilled pork, aged kimchi, and a raucous atmosphere. You will then head to the Jeon (Korean pancake) Market for some cool photos and then take a secret entrance into a traditional pub to chill for the evening.
You start the first hour at a restaurant in the Mapo district which started a BBQ trend that is spreading throughout Korea and beyond. It serves a cut of pork called "galmaegisal," which is best described as the skirt steak of the pig. It's lean, tender, and very red--almost like beef. It will be cooked on a domed grill over live charcoals. A scrambled egg is poured in the gutter that's used to collect the fat, and it is topped with well-aged kimchi and shredded leeks. Some thick slices of sweet Korean-raised pork belly rubbed in solar harvested sea salt are then added to the feast.
Having filled your belly, you will then venture to the markets. Mapo is also famous for its pigs feet. You will pass through the pigs feet area, where the shopkeepers will aggressively try to get you to enter. After escaping their grasp, you will head to the pancake market, which has on display a mouth-dropping mouth-watering array of savory pancakes and fried morsels. After taking some pics, you will be shown the secret "Harry Potter" entrance to the connected pub upstairs, where you will get an assortment of these morsels.
According to preference and tolerance, you will try traditional and newer alcoholic beverages that may become your new favorite drinks. The pub itself is lively and full of people from different classes but no tourists. This is authentic. It's as much fun to people watch as it is to enjoy the food and drinks. You can stay for as long as you wish.
The guide is a Korean food expert that will give you a crash course on Korean food and drinking etiquette. The guide can also give you recommendations for the rest of your trip.
Inclusions for Korean BBQ, Pub And Market Tour In Seoul
- Unlimited drinks (within reason)
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Korean BBQ, Pub And Market Tour In Seoul
- Gratuities (optional)
- Extracurricular activities (karaoke, fried chicken pub) are optional after the main part of the tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Tour operates every Monday evening
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum drinking age is 19 years
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.