Korean Traditional Herbal Medicine Tour Including Gyeongdong Market - SeoulWrite a Review
OverviewGet an in-depth look at the history and modern-day practice of traditional herbal medicine in Korea on this half-day tour in Seoul. With a knowledgeable guide, you'll visit three centers of herbal medicine: Yangnyeongsi Herb Medicine Museum, Gyeongdong Market (aka Seoul Yangnyeongsi Asian Medicine Market) and a traditional clinic. Delve into informative multimedia exhibits, see a variety of herbal medicine vendors, and then tour the clinic where you have the option to receive a health consultation. This small-group tour limited to four people ensures you'll enjoy customized attention from your guide.
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Small-group tour
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at the pre-determined meeting point near the Yangnyeongsi Herb Medicine Museum.
Located in the Dongdaemun district, the museum features informative multimedia exhibits and historic artifacts related to traditional medicine practices in Korea. Gain an understanding of the culture and philosophy behind traditional medicine, and ask your guide any questions that come up.
Next, head to the largest traditional medicine market in Korea, Gyeongdong Market. Near the entrance stands a monument to Bojewon, an early Joseon-era medical clinic that operated in this vicinity about 600 years ago. Walk with your guide through the streets of the market, which are lined with thousands of vendors, ranging from large, neon-lit pharmacies to individuals sitting on the street with blankets piled with herbal products. Your guide explains the various colorful and aromatic medicinal plants, mushrooms, roots, tree bark and other assorted items that you encounter along the way.
Upon leaving the market area, visit a traditional Asian medicine clinic. Learn about the underlying concepts of traditional medicine in Korea, and see how doctors make diagnoses during a health exam, which typically begins with checking the pulse, followed by acupuncture and a prescription for herbal medicines made on-site in the clinic pharmacy. Your time here includes a consultation with a traditional medicine practitioner that takes up to 30 minutes (it's optional), followed by a tour of the area where herbal prescriptions are prepared.
After this fascinating immersion into Seoul's world of herbal medicine, your tour concludes.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Inclusions for Korean Traditional Herbal Medicine Tour Including Gyeongdong Market
- Professional guide
- Clinic health consultation (optional)
- All entrance fees
Exclusions for Korean Traditional Herbal Medicine Tour Including Gyeongdong Market
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of two people per booking is required
A maximum of three children per booking is allowed
Children ages 0-2 years may go on this tour free of charge but will not receive the health consultation
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.