Krabi Cultural River Cruise Including Mangrove Forest, Khao Kanab Nam Cave And Koh Klang CommunityWrite a Review
OverviewExplore the mangrove forest of Krabi by traditional longtail boat and encounter the abundant wildlife including fish, monkeys and birds. On this 4-hour tour you will cruise through Krabis wetland with narrow canals and hidden gems, and visit also the famous Khao Khanab Nam Cave and Koh Klang community with rice fields and water buffalo.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Get inside tips from a local
- Lunch included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourA local boatman will take you to the mangrove forests of Krabi in a traditional longtail boat where you can see the interesting sights, including the Khao Khanab Nam Cave, which lies in-between 2 mountains and displays impressive stalagmites and stalactites.
Time to stop at a local, floating restaurant near Baan Kanon on the banks of Krabi River for a delicious lunch, including fresh fish.
You will enter the small canals of the mangrove forest and see different types of mangrove trees as well as local wildlife, including monkeys, birds and fish. You can also relax and enjoy a fish show with puffer fish, catfish, black kingfisher and crabs at a typical fish farm in the local Koh Klang community. On the small island of Koh Klang, which is just in front of the mainland of Krabi, you can walk though the local community and see rice fields and water buffaloes.
Thailand only has a few areas that have been recognized as wetlands of the world, and the mangrove forest of Krabi Province, covering an area of 100,000 rai (160 square kilometers), is ranked in the Ramsar List of Wetlands of International Importance. The protected area also covers 12 square kilometers of up to 2-kilometer wide tidal mudflats.
The area is popular with birdwatchers coming to spot some of the most diverse and rare species in the world, including the Masked Finfoot and the Brown-winged Kingfisher, to name just a few. The mangroves are a habitat for various species of wildlife, including reptiles, birds and marine creatures.
- 08:45 - 09:00: Meet the boat man at Chao Fah Pier in Krabi Town
- 09:00 - 10:00: Cruise by longtail through mangrove forest
- 11:00 - 12:00: Visit Khao Kanab Nam Cave & Crocodile Cave
- 10:00 - 11:00: Enjoy lunch at local floating restaurant
- 11:00 - 12:00: Sightseeing on Koh Klang fisherman village & island
- 12:00 - 12:15: Head back to the pier
** The afternoon program starts at 14:00 and the times are moved accordingly
Inclusions for Krabi Cultural River Cruise Including Mangrove Forest, Khao Kanab Nam Cave And Koh Klang Community
- Drinking water
- Light lunch at a local restaurant near the Krabi river
- Local guide
- Life jacket
- National park entrance fee to Khao Kanap Nam Cave
Exclusions for Krabi Cultural River Cruise Including Mangrove Forest, Khao Kanab Nam Cave And Koh Klang Community
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please bring sunglasses, sunscreen, and of course your camera on the trip
Wearing flip flops or sandals is a good idea
Shorts rather than long pants are advisable as you could start out in ankle deep water. Do not expect to stay dry on a longtail boat
The departure time and tour program can be altered due to tidal and weather conditions
Tour program can change due to tidal waves and weather conditions
Expected group size is between 2 and 4 persons
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.