Krakow Private Tour Of Kazimierz Including Old Jewish Quarter
OverviewEnjoy this private tour, highlights of which are: the oldest part of the Jewish Qtr (Szeroka St) with the Old Synagogue, Remu Synagogue and Remu Cemetery, Helena Rubinstein's House, Izaak Synagogue, the Nowy Sq with the best pubs and cafes in Krakow, places from Spielberg's "Schindler's List", the Ghetto Heroes Sq and the Pharmacy "Under the Eagle" in the former WWII ghetto, Old ghetto wall, Schindler's Factory and many more. Karzimierz soon became a center of Jewish community and Jewish community was growing fast. In 16th century it became the largest in Europe and at the beginning 19th century Karzimerz was incorporated into Krakow. By 1939 the city was a home to nearly 60.000 Jews. It boasts 7 large synagogues - the biggest complex of such type in Europe, comparable with only with Jewish monuments in Prague.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
Your private guide will collect you from your Krakow accommodation at a time of your choosing, either on foot or by private vehicle, depending on location.
You'll start your tour of Kazimierz, Krakow's old Jewish quarter, on Szeroka Street, the center of Jewish life before World War II. During the sixteenth century, this district was home to the largest Jewish community in Europe and in 1939, when war broke out, around 60,000 Jews lived here. Your guide will show you the house where the cosmetics entrepreneur Helena Rubinstein was born, before you visit some of Krakow's many historic synagogues.
See the Old Synagogue (Stara Synagoga), the most precious of Kazimierz' Jewish places of worship, before you visit the Renaissance Remuh Synagogue with its poignant cemetery. Continue along the Jewish Heritage Route and admire synagogues including the 17th-century Kupa Synagogue and Isaac Synagogue, the 16th-century High Synagogue, and Tempel Synagogue, built in the late nineteenth century.
It's a short walk from here to Ghetto Heroes Square, the site of the Jewish ghetto during World War II.
From here, you'll walk around 15 minutes to Oskar Schindler's Factory, the original factory building where Oskar Schindler saved the lives of many of his Jewish workers. Besides the location, the inspiration for Steven Spielberg's Schindler's List, this is home to a moving multimedia museum of Krakow's WWII past (admission at own expense).
Once your 3-hour tour is finished, you'll be transferred back to where you're staying.
Inclusions for Krakow Private Tour Of Kazimierz Including Old Jewish Quarter
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Krakow Private Tour Of Kazimierz Including Old Jewish Quarter
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.