Krka NP From Zadar
OverviewKrka National Park encompasses the area along the course of the Krka River, which flows through a deep and picturesque canyon for over 75 km and creates waterfalls- Bilusic buk, Miljacka, Brljan, Rosnjak, Manojlovacki slap, Roski slap and the fantastic Skradinski buk (Krka falls 46 m), Europe's largest travertine barrier.Skradinski buk is the longest and most visited waterfall on the Krka River, and one of the best known natural beauties in Croatia. Here spills Krka over the 17 cascades which are formed by travertine barriers. Visiting this part of National Park you can view the cascades on a leisurely and safe walk along the walking trails and wooden bridges. Bathing is permitted at Skradinski buk so don't forget your bathing suit.We can also visit the old water mills, the ethnography collection, the souvenir shop, or find refreshment in one of the hospitality facilities. On your request, we can visit river island Visovac or any other part of the National Park.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourStart this trip at the place and time of your choice.
Upon arriving to the NP entrance, you will head to Skradinski Buk, the last of seven waterfalls on the beautiful Krka River. Skradinski Buk isnt actually a single waterfall but rather a long series of cascades that spill over countless travertine rock formations. In total, the water tumbles nearly 46m into a crystal-clear pool before making its way out to the Adriatic Sea.
The forest of conifers and hornbeams that crowds the riverbank is just as spectacular, as is the surrounding vegetation. There are low thickets, reedy wetlands and open grasslands with flowering plants like scorpion senna's and chimney bellflowers.
Because the national park is strictly protected, it supports abundant wildlife. You may spot sleek otters playing in the water, colorful Cleopatra butterflies flitting about, and a variety of indigenous and migratory birds. More than 200 avian species nest in Krka National Park, including the regal golden eagle and lightning-fast peregrine falcon.
Following a guided walking tour of the waterfall area, you will have free time to explore on your own before its time to rejoin with your guide for the drive back.
Inclusions for Krka NP From Zadar
- Private tour
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
Exclusions for Krka NP From Zadar
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- FROM ZADAR TO KRKA WATERFALLS SKARDINSKI BUK ROSKI SLAP
- Saharun Beach Full Day Guided Trip from Petrane
- FROM ZADAR TO SAHARUN
- Krka Waterfalls, Sibenik & Wine Tasting Small Group Day Trip from Zadar
- Visit the centuries-old town of Nin and swimming
- Private Day Sail Tour - Sailing for couples or friends on a boat from Zadar - only 2 people
- Half-Day Kayaking Safari on the Zrmanja River with Lunch
- Krka Waterfalls and Sibenik Day Trip from Zadar