Travel just north of Sydney to explore Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park on a full-day tour by land and water. Discover sacred Aboriginal sites, hidden waterfalls and remote beaches during a 3-hour catamaran cruise through scenic waterways. Learn about indigenous traditions and ancient Aboriginal rock carvings. You also visit West Head lookout, home to the only place where five separate waterways intersect. With numbers limited to 22 people, this small-group tour provides an in-depth experience of these iconic locations.
Know More about this tourAfter morning pickup from your Sydney hotel, head north across Sydney Harbour Bridge to reach Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, located just 45 minutes drive from central Sydney. Your guide points out the landmarks you pass on the way to your first stop, West Head lookout.
From the lookout, take in incredible views of Broken Bay, Pittwater and the historic sandstone lighthouse on Barrenjoey Headland. Gazing across Broken Bay, see the beaches of the central coast and Lion Island, which shelters the largest population of little penguins in the Sydney area. Hear stories about shipwrecks, pirates, smugglers, escaped convicts and the park’s importance during World War II.
You'll also meet with a guide who provides interpretation of Aboriginal customs and Dreamtime stories. Learn about the Guringai people who originally lived in this area during a guided tour of a remote Aboriginal heritage site, which holds some of the most important rock carvings in Australia.
Continue to Akuna Bay where you board a 50-foot catamaran for a 3-hour cruise through the park's remote waterways. Your guide shows you exotic birds and marine life, Aboriginal heritage sites that are only visible from the water and one of Sydney’s most inaccessible waterfalls. Enjoy a 1-hour on-board cultural presentation, partake in hands-on demonstrations of the didgeridoo, spears, woomera (spear-throwing device), fire making and other Aboriginal skills.
For lunch, enjoy typical Australian fare that features bush tucker flavors. Your tour also offers morning and afternoon tea and samples of favorite Aussie snacks.
At the end of an exhilarating full-day tour, your guide returns you to your hotel.
Inclusions for Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park Day Trip From Sydney
- Small-group tour
- Morning and afternoon tea refreshments
- Local guide
- Pickup and drop-off from Sydney CBD hotels and Circular Quay for Manly based guests
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park Day Trip From Sydney
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not wheelchair accessible
Please bring walking shoes and a camera
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.