Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park Stand Up Paddleboard Tour - SydneyWrite a Review
Know More about this tourMake your own way to Basin Campground in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park to begin your 90-minute stand-up paddleboarding experience.
When you arrive at Basin Campground, your guide provides a safety briefing, then gets you started using the supplied rental equipment. If this is the first-time you have used a SUP, get to know the basics with a lesson on land. Learn how to handle your board and paddle; when you’re confident, grab your board and step into the water.
Practice standing up and balancing, and learn how to steer and turn. Once you’ve mastered the basics, follow your guide on a tour around the gentle waters of Pittwater, an estuary next to Basin Campground. This area is protected from wind, waves, and boats, making it an ideal place to for paddleboarding in calm, safe waters.
The Basin is known as one of the best places in Sydney to see native animals in their natural habitat. As you paddle, keep your eyes peeled for wallabies, monitor lizards (goannas), and birds such as sea eagles, kookaburras and lyre birds. Your guide also points out ancient aboriginal sites and early settler heritage during your tour.
After a 1-hour lesson and tour, enjoy an extra 30 minutes to SUP on your own. Then return your gear and make your way to your next destination.
You may want to check out nearby picnic and BBQ facilities, and walking trails that lead to sites with indigenous rock engravings.
Inclusions for Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park Stand Up Paddleboard Tour
- Local guide
- All necessary equipment
Exclusions for Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park Stand Up Paddleboard Tour
- Food and drinks
- National Park entry fee ($4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear closed-toe shoes suitable for walking
Please bring swimwear, sunscreen, hat and towel
All participants must be able to swim 50 meters freestyle unassisted, float and tread water
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Sydney Harbour Cruise With Taronga Zoo Entry Ticket
- Sydney Attraction Pass Including Taronga Zoo, Sydney Opera House, SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium
- Blue Mountains And Jenolan Caves Motorcoach Day Tour
- Sydney Shore Excursion: Sydney And Bondi Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
- Sydney Harbour Dinner Cruise
- Opera On Sydney Harbour: Carmen
- Madame Tussauds Sydney Entrance Ticket
- Hunter Valley Delight
- The Best Of Sydney 7 Hours Drive And Walk
- Private Tour To Port Stephens First Class Nature Experiences With Dolphins And Kangaroos