Kuala Lumpur Heritage Food TourWrite a Review
OverviewSavor uniquely Malaysian foods and hear the stories of the people who have been cooking nostalgic childhood favorites, long-treasured family recipes and fragrant dishes that have come from afar, all served with uniquely Malaysian flair.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourThis small-group walking tour begins at the Central Market Annexe, where you'll meet your guide who shares knowledgeÂ about MalaysianÂ cuisine, past and present. Set off in the afternoon throughÂ a metropolis filled with fast food and sleek eateries; you'll be introduced to the simple pleasures of sampling foods from different cultural traditions.
Enjoy yourÂ first tastings in Kuala Lumpur's oldest neighborhood, which surroundsÂ Central Market, where the same restaurants and stalls have fedÂ hungry locals and visitors for generations. From here, move on to Jalan Masjid India, a bustling commercial street packed with snacks and street foods laced with the heady aroma of distinctly Indian spices. Then take a short monorail trip to Kampung Bahru (New Village), originally settled by Malay farmers in the 1890s.
Shop in local markets filled with fresh produce and pass by historical wooden homes down leafy lanes on your way to sample a host of local delicacies withÂ roots in the northern and eastern regions of the country. After you've discovered some of the culinary traditions and flavors that make up Malaysia,Â your guide concludes the 4-hour tour at theÂ Kampung Bharu MRT station.
Inclusions for Kuala Lumpur Heritage Food Tour
- Food tastings
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
Exclusions for Kuala Lumpur Heritage Food Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 11 years
Please dress comfortably but modestly
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
All food sampled on this tour is halal
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.