Kuala Lumpur Shore Excursion Mah Meri Sea Gypsies Cultural Village With Coconut Wine And LunchWrite a Review
OverviewJoin this full-day tour immersed in history and tradition that will give you real insight of the Old Malaysia. This tour starts from the Cruise Terminal in Port Klang and takes to the tribal area of the Mah Meri Village.
The Mah Meri is an indigenous Senoi tribe of aborigines, 2,000 remaining, livelihood depended on fishing and agriculture. They have been listed under UNESCO as a heritage site. Though soft spoken they excel in wood carving depicting mythological meanings with spiritual connections. We will also visit the Rumah Moyang Ancestral Home and much commentary by the resident villager.
A typical Malay lunch will be served in a Malay home. All entrance fees, free flow of mineral water and chauffeur-guide services with return transfers back to the Cruise Terminal in Port Klang are included.
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourAt 8am, you will be meet and greet at the Cruise Terminal in Port Klang where all cruise ships usually dock. An allowance of 2 hours is given for meet and greet due to dock congestion. Depart to a quaint village and meet the indigenous Senoi tribe of aborigines the Mah Meri who were sea gypsies depending on fish agriculture and now excel in wood carvings depicting rich mythological meanings with spiritual connections. Still remaining 2,000 of them to keep their culture going.The village guide will show us around not forgetting the Rumah Moyang Ancestral Home where food and drinks are offered to the ancestors in return for protection from evil. A simple wood carving and origami awaits.
At 11:30am visit a coconut plantation to watch the tapping of coconut wine (toddy), a practice copied from India. It has an alcohol content of 4% and a health drink.
We then proceed to a typical Malay home for an herbal garden tour led by the owner and a delicious home cooked lunch will be served. After lunch, we will drive past scenic houses on stilts with photo shoots along the way. We will stop by at a coconut wine shop for some exotic snacks with a cup of toddy.
Around 4pm, we will depart to cruise terminal.
Inclusions for Kuala Lumpur Shore Excursion Mah Meri Sea Gypsies Cultural Village With Coconut Wine And Lunch
Bottled water and lunch
Local wine tasting
Exclusions for Kuala Lumpur Shore Excursion Mah Meri Sea Gypsies Cultural Village With Coconut Wine And Lunch
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Infant meals not included
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.