Kuelap Ancient Fortress Day Trip From Chachapoyas
OverviewCome and discover the fortified citadel of Kuelap, home of the Chachapoyas Cloud Warriors. The massive stone walls and hundreds of ruins stand as a reminder of a formidable culture lost to history. The fortress is located in the department of Amazonas and it is considered one of the most important archaeological buildings of the mountainous Peruvian forest. Kuelap was built by the Chachapoyas; and inside of this amazing complex there are homes, ceremonial centers and magnificent monuments. Since Juan Crisostomo Nieto discovered the fortress in 1843, Kuelap has not ceased to amaze tourists with its magical aura and mysticism.
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourEarly in the morning we will depart from Chachapoyas City to Kuelap, the Ancient Fortress of the Chachapoyas Cloud Warriors. On the way, we will make a short stop for a panoramic view of Macro, a group of pre-Inca dwellings and burial chambers built on the side of a mountain.
The most important archaeological site in northern Peru will receive us with impressive walls that stand approximately 20m (65 feet) tall and 584m (639 yards) long. Inside we will be able to appreciate nearly 400 houses, and many other incredible ceremonial buildings. Much of the site is still covered by trees, laden with bromeliads orchids and mosses which give us the sense of mystery and discovery.
At the end of the excursion we will have lunch and return to your Hotel.
Inclusions for Kuelap Ancient Fortress Day Trip From Chachapoyas
Horseback ride (optional)
Vehicle (round trip from and to Chachapoyas)
Exclusions for Kuelap Ancient Fortress Day Trip From Chachapoyas
Services not mentioned in the itinerary
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Use light clothing and comfortable shoes (light hiking boots).
Bring at least 2 liters of water, hat, sunglasses, sunblock, repellent and camara with extra battery,
In rainy season (November to March): Bring raincoat.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.