See pandas in their natural habitat in Panda Valley instead of a noisy panda zoo. Watch very active pandas and interact with them by feeding and holding one. Also visit a kung fu master at the temple in the panda village which was built 900 years ago to learn of his philosophy, eat with local monks and have tea in the forest.
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Popular choice with kids
Know More about this tour
Spend your day with lovable creatures that will never fail to capture your heart. Visit the original panda hometown, Dujiangyan Giant Panda Valley, that inspired the animation movie, Kung Fu Panda and take a guided tour of the facility. A hotel pickup will take you to Dujiangyan non-profit research and breeding facilities for giant pandas and other rare animals which strives to conserve natural environment for these creatures.Your expert local guide will take you through the center for a full overview of pandas' development. You will learn their progression from baby to full grown pandas with a visit to the baby panda area where you will admire these small and delicate creatures. Despite of their age and size, you will see how full of life and energy they are!
Then, head to the area that keeps the young adult pandas. Learn how adolescent pandas, between the ages of one and five, spend this important maturity period. Finally, you will witness the giant panda in all its full-grown glory at the adult area. Take pictures of these endangered species eating bamboo, sleeping and playing with one another.
When time turns to 10:30am for feeding the pandas, you will get a chance to hold one (for an additional fee). This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You will hold a baby panda that is only 9 months old and take photos with it; otherwise, you can feed the pandas and see how well they behave while sitting and waiting for you to pass bamboo shoots to them.
Later, you will visit a kung fu master in the temple of panda village in Qingcheng mountain where the temple was built 1800 years ago. Listed on UNESCO on 16 years ago, the temple is the birthplace of Taoism many Chinese Culture and traditions such as ying yang, feng shui and taiji. There are 108 temples and caves built 1800 years where Taoist monks practice. The area also inspired the animation movie franchise, Kung Fu Panda. Learn about the philosophy of Chinese kung fu from a master and even enjoy tea in the forest. At the conclusion of the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Chengdu.
Inclusions for Kung Fu Panda 3 Temple Tour
- Local guide
- Transport by private vehicle or train depending on traffic
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Kung Fu Panda 3 Temple Tour
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Photo with a panda at USD $300 per person
- Feeding pandas at USD $150 per person
- Kongfu class USD $100 per person
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Children must be accompanied by an adult
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.