Learn about Tropical North Queensland's pioneering history on a leisurely train journey to Kuranda 'the village in the rainforest'. Relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery as you wind your way through the rainforest. A short photo stop is made at Barron Gorge and as you cross Stoney Creek Bridge, before arriving in Kuranda.
There is free time in Kuranda to do a little shopping at the heritage markets, grab some lunch in one of the many restaurants/cafes (additional cost) or checkout some wildlife at Birdworld, Australian Butterfly Sanctuary or Kuranda Koala Gardens (entrance fees not included).
There are many options available to choose from for your Kuranda day trip so you can do as much or as little as you like. Choose from:
- Rail/Rainforestation/Sky - Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, visit Rainforestation Nature Park, return on Skyrail (10 hours)
- Rail/Sky - Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, return on Skyrail (8.5 hours)
- Sky/Rail - Travel to Kuranda on Skyrail, return on the Scenic Railway (10 hours)
- Rail/Sky/Tjapukai- Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, return on Skyrail, visit to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park (9 hours)
- Rail/Sky/Tjapukai/Lunch - Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, return on Skyrail, visit to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park with buffet lunch (10 hours)