Kusadasi Shore Excursion: Private Full-Day Tour To Ephesus, Didyma And Miletus
OverviewWhen youre in port in Kusadasi, enjoy a private full-day shore excursion to three of Turkeys greatest classical sites. Traveling with a knowledgeable private guide, visit the ruins of ancient Miletus including its well-preserved theatre, and head for Didyma to see the remnants of its once-splendid Temple of Apollo. Topping the agenda is Ephesus, Turkeys best-preserved classical treasure. Behold its spectacular Great Theatre and the Library of Celsus, amid its other impressive monuments, streets, shops and bathhouses. This private excursion ensures undivided attention from the guide throughout.
- All entrance fees included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourWhen your cruise ship docks in Kusadasi, join up with your private guide at the port and board an air-conditioned minivan. Then, hear about Turkeys fascinating ancient history from your guide on route to your first stop.
After roughly one hour, arrive at Miletus, one of the most important of ancient Greco-Roman cities. Set on the mouth of the River Meander, it boasted four coastal harbors and only declined in the 6th century AD when the river silted up. See its Delphinium temple, bathhouses and other monuments, including the impressive Theater of Miletus, where 25,000 spectators once gathered to watch gladiatoral contests.
Continue to Didyma to admire its magnificent Temple of Apollo. Regarded as second only to Delphi, this massive Greek-era temple was the seat of a revered oracle. Stroll around the remaining columns and behold the carved head of Medusa that dominates the entrance as your guide helps you visualize the beauty of the temple at its height.
After a break for lunch (own expense), visit Ephesus, probably Turkeys most spectacular archeological site. Head inside this Greco-Roman city via its Magnesia Gate and on your 2.5-hour tour, hear how it flourished as the Roman Empire's capital in Asia Minor. Walk the marble-paved streets past shops, houses and baths, and see the Odeon, Fountain of Trajan and Temple of Hadrian. Gaze at the stunning Library of Celsus and the 24,000-seater Great Theatre, where St Paul once preached.
Having explored Ephesus, return to Kusadasi cruise port, where your tour concludes.
Please note: the order of activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to Kusadasi cruise port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Kusadasi Shore Excursion: Private Full-Day Tour To Ephesus, Didyma And Miletus
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private, air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Covered by Viators worry-free policy
Exclusions for Kusadasi Shore Excursion: Private Full-Day Tour To Ephesus, Didyma And Miletus
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
It is highly recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Luxury Ephesus Tour
- Walking Tour of Ephesus and Virgin Mary's House
- Full-Day Ephesus Group Tour from Kusadasi Hotels
- UNESCO World Heritage Tour of Ancient Ephesus & Museum Tour
- UNESCO World Heritage Tour of Ephesus and Terrace Houses
- Private Full Day Ephesus Tour From Izmir port or hotels
- EPHESUS AND VIRGEN MARRY HOUSE WITHOUT ANY SHOPING STOPS
- Pamukkale Day Tour from Kusadasi