OverviewDiscover Kutná Hora, one of the Czech Republic’s most significant medieval towns, on this day trip from Prague. Travel by bus through central Bohemia and explore this ‘City of Silver,’ a rival to Prague in the Middle Ages. Visit the spine-chilling Sedlec Ossuary, a chapel decorated entirely with human skulls and bones; and explore Kutná’s UNESCO World Heritage–listed Old Town. Visit the majestic Church of St Barbara, see the Italian Court and other sights, and break for lunch (own expense) before returning to Prague.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Small-group tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in central Prague and make your way to the main bus station. Then, board the bus for Kutná Hora, the Czech Republic’s ‘City of Silver’ — a 13th-century silver mining town in central Bohemia that competed with Prague for power and riches in the Middle Ages.
Admire the Bohemian countryside, arrive in Kutná Hora and head for your first stop, the Sedlec Ossuary. On the way, hear more about Kutná’s history and how the town grew after the establishment of the Sedlec Monastery, a sanctuary for Cistercian monks, in the 12th century.
Head inside the Sedlec Ossuary and gape at the macabre, bone-made interior. Inspect the chandelier and furnishings made entirely from human bones, and hear how the interior contains the skeletons of around 40,000 people. As you take in the bone creations, you’ll understand completely why the ossuary draws flocks of visitors.
Next, head for Kutná’s UNESCO-listed Old Town, a treasure chest of medieval architecture. Visit the magnificent Gothic Church of St Barbara and marvel at its echoing interior, replete with frescoes that show medieval miners. As you walk round, hear how the church was dedicated to St Barbara, the patron saint of miners, and was part of Kutná’s efforts to rival Prague.
After, delve further into the romantic streets and squares, passing gems such as the Italian Court — the former Royal Mint — and the fortified Hrádek palace.
Make a brief stop for lunch (own expense), and then check out more Kutná highlights, including the Knight’s Hall and richly carved Plague Column, before catching your return bus.
Your tour ends back in central Prague, when you say goodbye to your guide at the station.
Inclusions for Kutna Hora Bus Day Trip From Prague
- Round-trip transport by bus
- Local guide
Exclusions for Kutna Hora Bus Day Trip From Prague
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.