OverviewExplore the UNESCO world heritage site of Kutna Hora situated in Central Bohemia with this 10-hour private day tour from Prague. Take the train from Prague and enjoy the medieval atmosphere in Kutna Hora, a former economic capital of Europe and over centuries a source of wealth for Czech kings.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
- Hotel pickup included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at your Prague hotel from where you will walk to the train station. Take the train for about an hour and listen to your guide's stories about the history of Kutna Hora from its foundation to its biggest glory, while driving through the beautiful landscape of Central Bohemia.
Your first stop will be the formerly biggest Cistercian abbey in Central Europe with the stunning Gothic and Baroque Gothic Cathedral of the Assumption of Our Lady and Saint John the Baptist. Just few steps from the cathedral lies the Cemetery Church of All Saint with the Ossuary. Learn why and how the Ossuary was created and see the amazing art pieces made of human bones. Sedlec Ossuary is a place where human bones are the one and only decoration.
After a short bus ride to the city center of Kutna Hora, your guide will show you the Italian Court, a former Royal mint of Czech kingdom and residence of the Czech kings. Enjoy a lunch break at a delicious Czech restaurant (at your own expense) and take the opportunity to explore the life of silver miners in a museum dedicated to the silver miners. Experience a fascinating journey through a real medieval silver mine in a typical silver miner dress with a white coat, helmet and a flashlight.
Your last stop take you to the symbol of pride of Kutná Hora’s burghers. See the amazing Gothic cathedral of St. Barbara with original medieval frescoes on the walls. Enjoy a relaxing train ride back to Prague with your guide and end of your journey at Prague's main train station.
Inclusions for Kutna Hora Private Day Trip From Prague By Train
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Train ticket
- Prague Hotel pickup
Exclusions for Kutna Hora Private Day Trip From Prague By Train
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Child and infant rates only apply when booked with 2 paying adults
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Due to Silver Mines Museum opening hours, the Italian Court Interiors (including the royal rooms of Czech kings) will be visited instead Mondays and from December to March
Visit of Silver Mines is not recommended for participants with claustrophobia or overweight. In those cases, Silver Mines Museum can be replaced with Italian Court Interior excursion
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.