Kyoto: Explore The City With A Local
OverviewSee Kyoto's highlights or discover local neighbourhoods (or do both!), get oriented and immerse yourself in Kyotos unique culture with a local by your side to navigate on your personalised route thats been created just for you!
Know More about this tour
What you'll do
Join a like-minded Local Host to explore a neighbourhood or two (or more) of your choice or to visit the most famous sights, discovering hidden local gems nearby so you can see the city through the eyes of the locals. Immerse yourself in a local neighbourhood, discovering places that match your interests or visit the most historic neighbourhoods and visit iconic temples.
As well as visiting the places you most want to see, stop by local spots and places of interest along the way to get an authentic insight into local life in Kyoto. Your Local host will also advise you on the best way to spend the following days of your trip, allowing you to discover other areas of the city that you will love and revealing other hidden gems that they know youll love.
- Spend time with a local who will create an experience that's fully customised to your interests and what you'd most like to see
- See Kyoto's iconic attractions or off the beaten path spots
- Discover the highlights of the area or neighbourhood that you explore
- See the real Kyoto that you wouldn't find in a guidebook
What to expect
Well be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality and interests so we can assign a like-minded local who will create a bespoke experience for you. Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary. Although you will see the main attractions in the area, your Local Host will also help you to discover the places, things and stories that you wont find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
Inclusions for Kyoto: Explore The City With A Local
- Time with your Local Host, 3, 5, 7 or 8 hour WalkingExploration, Private and personalized, Meeting atyour accommodation (if within reasonable distance from the area you are exploring)
Exclusions for Kyoto: Explore The City With A Local
- Food and drinksAny tickets into attractionsGratuities (optional)Transportation to/ from meeting pointPublic/private transportation during theouting
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please book at least 48 hours in advance so that we can build the best experience for you
Experiences are fully personalised so any additional requirements like tickets, transportation and food & drinks can be arranged for an additional cost
Private groups are normally no larger than 6 people (if your group is larger, please make this known so that arrangements can be made)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Kyo-arashi Shibori Scarf Class
- The Alternative Fushimi Inari Walking Tour
- Total Kyoto - Full Day Kyoto by Day and after Dusk Small Group Tour
- Kyoto Sake Brewery Tour with Lunch
- Gion and Kamogawa Evening Food Tour in Kyoto
- Kyoto Sagano Walk and Bamboo Forest
- Kimono and Yukata Experience in Kyoto with Japanese Traditional Candies
- Kyoto Perfect Tour: Fushimi Inari Shrine, Kiyomizu-dera Temple, and More