Kyoto Temple, Shrine, Geiko & Sake Tour
OverviewClients will learn about the legendary history of old Japan dating back 2,677 years. They will visit a 700 year-old Temple, another 1,300 yr old Temple and two very old Shrines and learn of the protocols of the Temples and Shrines and their history. We will make offerings at these Shrines and clients will have the chance to purchase protective amulets at each Shrine. Spirits of Japan will present them with a Shrine Stamp (Goushin) of each large Shrine we visit and they can always keep that as a souvenir. Clients will learn the history of the immediate area as well as how to cleanse before entering a Shrine and how to offer a prayer. We will visit and eat local appetizers of the area and clients will have the opportunity to expereince and amazing district full of shops and entertainment.
Know More about this tourWe will meet at 11:00am at Kyoto Station (or I can pick you up from your hotel lobby if it is in Kyoto)
By 11:10am we should have already departed the station or hotel by Taxi
We should arrive by 11:30am and arrive at Nanzen-ji Temple We will enter the main 'Sanmon' gate and view surrounding Kyoto We will then walk to the Temple offering prayer for our deceased family memb We will then walk around the (Zen) Temple and see more history We will take a 20min hike up to a mediation waterfall used for over 700 yrs We will make our way back down the hill and depart Nanzen-ji
We will depart around 1:00pm.
We should arrive by 1:20pm at Kiyomizudera Temple and walk the market and find some delicacies to nibble on
Aorund 1:30 ~ 2:00pm we will have lunch
At 2:00pm we depart lunch and head to the main entrance of the Temple. We will take a walk under the main temple in absolute darkness to cut off unneeded and negative karmic bonds. (5 min) We will then head to the inside of the Temple where you can ring the bell and offer prayers We will head around the grounds and make our way to a special waterfall where you can choose to drink from 1 of 3 falls for Love, Study or Health
By 3:30pmwe will depart Kiyomizudera and head for Yasaka Pagoda and head on to Yasaka Shrine
By 3:45pm we should be making offerings at Yasaka Shrine and then head to Shijo Street (Shopping Area)
Around 4:30pm we will enter a smaller entertainment district called Pontocho
By 5:00pm we will stop at the entrance to the Gion (Geiko) District Here you will have one hour to check out the shops on Shijo Street and meet back at a famous Tea House. Once you return, we will head into the Gion District (6:00pmish) and walk Gion. Here we will see Geiko and Maiko and find a little Sake in the process
At 7:00pm the tour ends here and I can escort you back to Kyoto Station but usually people like to stay and see the sites at night here.
Inclusions for Kyoto Temple, Shrine, Geiko & Sake Tour
- Taxi Fare
- Shrine Fees
- Temple Fees
- Bottled Water
- Sake tasting
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup
- Private tour (If booked by four people or more)
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Kyoto Temple, Shrine, Geiko & Sake Tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Kyoto Underground Tour
- Kyo-arashi Shibori Scarf Class
- The Alternative Fushimi Inari Walking Tour
- Total Kyoto - Full Day Kyoto by Day and after Dusk Small Group Tour
- Kyoto Sake Brewery Tour with Lunch
- Gion and Kamogawa Evening Food Tour in Kyoto
- Kyoto Sagano Walk and Bamboo Forest
- Kimono and Yukata Experience in Kyoto with Japanese Traditional Candies