OverviewThe La Brea Tar Pits and Museum is not your typical museum. It's a one-of-a-kind experience that unlocks the mysteries of Ice Age L.A. Discover an active Ice Age dig site where millions of fossils are excavated here before your eyes. Come experience science in action - from excavation to fossil research, done right here inside the Museum.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Excellent value for money
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Ideal choice for families
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tour
Use your general admission ticket for entry to the La Brea Tar Pits and Museum. Here, Ice Age fossils are being excavated right in the middle of L.A.
Enjoy this truly unique attraction by experiencing all that it has to offer. Marvel at its outdoor Lake Pit, oozing with bubbling tar; travel back in time among the prehistoric plants of its Pleistocene Garden; and explore its active dig sites, where it seems excavators uncover something new daily.
The museum itself features its own wealth of offerings. Scope out the fossils of prehistoric mammoths, saber-toothed cats, wolves, and ground sloths, or take an opportunity to watch paleontologists working in the Fossil Lab on their most recent finds.
For a wonderful overview, reserve a spot on the Excavator Tour, free with admission. This guided tour delves into the history of the tar pits and explains just how so many massive creatures ended up stuck here. Youll also visit the Fossil Lab, Observation Pit and Project 23, where excavators are continuously helping to unlock the mysteries of prehistoric L.A.
Inclusions for La Brea Tar Pits And Museum General Admission
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- General admission ticket, including access to the tar pits and museum
- Excavator Tour
Exclusions for La Brea Tar Pits And Museum General Admission
- The listed price does not include a $X parking fee, payable at the time of tour check-in.
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Involves a moderate amount of walking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.