La Garrotxa And Besalú Private Tourfrom Barcelona
OverviewDiscover an unique area in Catalonia on this private tour around the Volcanic Area of la Garrotxa and the village of Besal visiting the town of Besal and the Volcanic Park. All at your own pace, as you will be able to customize your own route on the way with your personal guide.Here the protagonist is you: in all our routes, we offer you a personal guide in your language to take care of you during all the journey, courtesy snacks and drinks and a private car.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourLace up your walking shoes, depart Barcelona, and begin your tour of La Garrotxas most beautiful spots. Explore Catalonias famed beech tree forests, one of the 26 reserves inside the Natural Park of the Volcanic Area of La Garrotxa. Traverse the fairy-tale landscape, visiting any of twenty or more volcanoes, and linger inside one of the craters.
Hike to the Croscat volcano, where an old stone extraction allows you to see into its depths. From there, hike through beech forests, admiring spectacular views. Make the easy climb up the Santa Margarita volcano, and stop to see the Templar chapel located in its center. We recommend you bring a small picnic to enjoy while you take in the panoramic view from atop the crater.
Continue to the medieval walled town of Besal, a prime example of Romanesque architecture and widely regarded as one of Spains most beautiful villages. An important commercial center during the Middle Ages, the town hosted merchants from all over Europe, who came to trade and do business. See the 10th-century castle, fortress, ramparts, church, and monastery. Stroll through the Jewish quarter, glimpsing the old synagogue, the Royal Curia, and the fortified bridge, and allow yourself to be transported to the time of kings and knights. Savor the beauty one last moment before journeying back to Barcelona.
Inclusions for La Garrotxa And Besalú Private Tourfrom Barcelona
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for La Garrotxa And Besalú Private Tourfrom Barcelona
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
A maximum of 4 people per group
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Barcelona Transfer: Central Barcelona to Cruise Port
- Hard Rock Cafe Barcelona
- Three Countries in One Day: France, Andorra and Spain from Barcelona
- Montserrat and Cava Trail Private Day Trip from Barcelona
- 6-Day Spain Tour from Barcelona: Zaragoza, Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Valencia
- Small-Group Tour: Traditional Food and Wine Day Trip from Barcelona
- Small-Group Medieval Villages Day Trip from Barcelona
- Private Salvador Dali Day Trip to Figueres and the Costa Brava from Barcelona