OverviewTest your endurance and swim alongside whale sharks, the largest known fish, in the Sea of Cortez on this full-day eco-tour. After driving through a beautiful desert to reach La Paz, sail out to warm waters rich with plankton, whale sharks favorite food. After a swim with these giants, enjoy delicious tacos on La Pazs beachfront boardwalk and visit the iconic Hotel California. Round-trip transport from most Los Cabos hotels is included. Dont miss out on this spectacular tour available from September to April only.
- All necessary equipment included
- Breakfast included
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourAfter morning hotel pickup in a plush air-conditioned van, travel past the mountains, plains and coastal dunes of Baja California Surs desert. During the ride, eat up the breakfast snacks (usually peanut butter and jelly sandwich, fruit, and juice) provided by your friendly guide. With the vigorous activity that lies ahead, youll appreciate the energy boost.
Upon arrival in La Paz, get dressed in a wetsuit and equipped with snorkeling gear for a boat ride out to the Sea of Cortez, where whale sharks gather from September to April. As the boat heads out, your guide shares informative facts about whale sharks and what to expect during the outing. About the size of a yellow school bus, the whale shark is considered the largest fish in the sea at 40-feet-long (12 meters).
Lucky for you, these gentle giants are filter feeders and prefer to dine on plankton. Your captain with find a spot teeming with the tiny organisms, making the chances that you'll spy the telltale white spots of a whale shark that much greater. Once you see one, slip on your snorkeling mask and fins, and leap from the boat.
In that moment, come face-to-face with one of the underwater giants. Marvel at the whale sharks grace and how it angles its yawning mouth near the waterline to feed, while the rest of its body remains tilted downward. Attempt to sneak a peek of whale shark's white belly as it lumbers along; you'll have to swim at an earnest pace to keep up. While it might be tempting to touch the sleek creature, be sure to keep your hands to yourself at all times.
Climb back aboard for a break, as your boat captain navigates to other viewing locations. Along the way, you may see schools of manta rays, dolphins and maybe even humpback whales.
Afterward your guide takes to the Malecn, the waterfront boardwalk of La Paz, where youll dig into scrumptious Baja-style tacos and cold nonalcoholic beverages as well as tequila and beer. Refueled, take a stroll and explore beachside shopping, or just relax at one of the Malecns tiny beaches.
Then head to the small desert town of Todos Santos in the Sierra de Laguna foothills and arrive at popular Hotel California. Stay long enough and you may hear the Eagles classic hit of the same name emanating from the lobby. Go ahead and check off several items from your bucket list as you're transported back to your hotel.
Inclusions for La Paz Whale Shark Snorkeling Tour And Lunch From Los Cabos
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Towels and wetsuits
- Boxed breakfast
Exclusions for La Paz Whale Shark Snorkeling Tour And Lunch From Los Cabos
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 8 years
Minimum age to drink alcohol is 18 years
Not recommended for pregnant women and participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Must be fully mobile and have strong swimming skills
Previous snorkeling experience recommended
Important: This tour is not available for passengers arriving on a cruise ship
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Private Tour: Sightseeing Cruise In Cabo San Lucas
- Wine, Jazz And Luxury Sailing In Los Cabos
- Los Cabos Deluxe Shopping And City Tour
- Los Cabos Palmilla Golf Club
- SUP Lesson In Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Stand-Up Paddleboard Lesson
- Cabo San Lucas Shopping, City Tour And Snorkel Tour
- Los Cabos Sunset Booze Cruise
- VIP Nightclub Tour In Los Cabos
- Pacific Sunset Dinner With Open Bar From Los Cabos