La Plata Canyon 4x4 Tour - DurangoWrite a Review
OverviewThis 4-hour guided 4x4 tour of La Plata Canyon just west of Durango covers native and mining history, geology, flora and fauna on the way to stunning views at 12,000 feet above sea level. Led by a local expert, this adventure is fun for riders of all ages and skill levels.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Family friendly
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourSpend time high in the rarefied air of the La Plata Range of the majestic San Juan Mountains just 15 miles west of downtown Durango. This open air 4Ã4 vehicle winds up and through La Plata Canyon for 14 rugged miles reaching the majestic views from Kennebec Pass at over 12,000 ft. Along the way your guide will explain the canyonâs mining history such as the vanished La Plata City town site from 1875 and hear about characters like Olga Little, one of the worldâs only woman mule skinnerâs. Also learn about the native Ute people, the areas geology as well as flora and fauna of the San Juan Mountains.
Inclusions for La Plata Canyon 4x4 Tour
Exclusions for La Plata Canyon 4x4 Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum group size of 4 necessary for this trip to go
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.