OverviewWhile in port in La Spezia, leave the city behind and set off into the heart of the Chianti region on this private wine-tasting shore excursion. Sit back and enjoy a scenic drive through the beautiful Tuscan countryside and be enchanted by the villages of Greve and Montefioralle. Explore notable Chianti sites such as the Piazza Matteotti and the Basilica of Santa Croce and enjoy exquisite wine and food tastings in Greve and at the Rocca delle Macie winery.
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourWhen your cruise ship docks in the La Spezia port, your driver will pick you up in a luxury vehicle and drive you through the beautiful Chianti region in the Tuscan countryside. Visit the enchanting village of Greve and explore independently the Piazza Matteotti, where you'll find interesting shops selling wine, ceramics and handcrafts. Enter the Basilica of Santa Croce and admire one of the greatest examples of Gothic architecture in Italy.
Stop at Falorni, one of the most famous butcher shops in Greve, which has been operating in the village for 500 years. Enjoy complimentary samples of their locally produced products such as cured salami and ham. Visit the Enoteca Le Cantine, the biggest wine shop in the area, where you can buy more than 100 different wines, olive oils, vin santo and grappa.
After your time in Greve, you'll admire the small neighboring village of Montefioralle, which still preserves its medieval architecture. Driving through the Tuscan countryside, your driver will take you to a local winery were you'll taste their products such as wine, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
Visit the Castle of Verrazzano, located on a hilltop in the Chianti Classico area -- one of the first grape-growing and wine-producing areas in the world. Continue through the scenic Tuscan countryside and stop for another wine tasting at the Rocca delle Macie winery. Learn more about the strict appellation standards for percentage of grapes, low yields, alcohol volume and aging, before relaxing on the drive back to the La Spezia port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the La Spezia port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for La Spezia Shore Excursion: Chianti Wine-Tasting Trip
- Private driver
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Food samples and two wine tastings
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for La Spezia Shore Excursion: Chianti Wine-Tasting Trip
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Customers who have not reached Italy's legal drinking age of 18 will not be served alcohol
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.