La Ventana Tango Show With Optional Dinner In Buenos Aires
OverviewLightning-quick feet and furious with passion some of the best tango dancers in town will steal your breath away during La Ventana, a show not to be missed. Take your seat inside a restored tenement located in San Telmo, the Buenos Aires barrio where the sultry dance began. Mix in two tango orchestras, vocalists, a folk band, a demo of gaucho-cowboy culture, and you have a night to remember. Make the most of it with an upgrade to enjoy a sumptuous three-course meal with your wine before the show.
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup, head to the cobblestone streets of San Telmo, the birthplace of tango and the oldest barrio in Buenos Aires. Arrive at a conventillo, a historic tenement restored and now used as a restaurant-theater, where La Ventana takes place.
As you stroll through the theaters preserved architectural interior, travel back in time to the tango grandeur of the early 1900s. If youve opted for dinner, arrive 90 minutes before showtime and dig into a three-course meal featuring a wide array of Argentine and international dishes, accompanied by Argentine wines. See below for a sample menu. Or, if you chose the show-only option, slip into your seat in time for the performance, and enjoy provided wine or soft drinks.
Two tango orchestras and an Argentine folk music group provide live accompaniment to the five smartly costumed couples on stage, who grace the stage with sensuality and breathtaking precision.
Listen to both Spanish and indigenous styles of music from the bands as well as vocalists. Get a glimpse of the gaucho culture, or Argentinas version of cowboys, through a demonstration of boleadoras, used to wrangle livestock.
After the show closes with a moving tribute to Eva Pern, your driver takes you back to your hotel.
Sample three-course dinner menu (subject to change):
First courses (choose one of the following):
- Caprese salad
- Chef salad of ham, tomato, cheese, carrots and eggs
- Vitello tonnato (cold, sliced veal with tuna salsa and a creamy sauce)
- Beef empanadas served with greens
- Vegetable soup
- Cream of onion soup with croutons
- Grilled veal with potatoes
- Beef sirloin fillets with Spanish potatoes
- Skirt steak with oven-baked potatoes in herbs
- Grilled chicken with green salad
- Grilled hake with mashed potatoes, spinach and capers
- Pork matambrito with carrots, onions and potatoes
- Vegetable ravioli
- Sorrentinos stuffed with mozzarella and ham
- Flan with dulce de leche and cream
- Dulce de leche crepe
- Ice cream cup with fruit and cream
- Fruit salad bowl
- Pears cooked in malbec wine, served with ice cream
- Wine from Bodegas Zuccardi
- Water and soft drinks
- Coffee or tea
Inclusions for La Ventana Tango Show With Optional Dinner In Buenos Aires
- Tango show
- 3-course dinner (if option selected)
- Beverages (water, soft drinks, wine)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for La Ventana Tango Show With Optional Dinner In Buenos Aires
- Gratuities (optional)
- Dinner (if option not selected)
- Transfers from/to Palermo Hotels. We will provide a meeting point.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age to drink alcohol is 18 years
If you choose a 'Dinner and Show' option, please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Pope Francis Private Tour in Buenos Aires
- Closed-Door Restaurant in Buenos Aires: Dining Experience at Steaks by Luis
- 2-Day Buenos Aires Combo Trip: City Sightseeing Plus Gaucho Experience at Santa Susana Ranch
- Buenos Aires Architecture Bike Tour
- Buenos Aires Shore Excursion: Half-Day Tour to Tigre Delta
- Buenos Aires Behind the Scenes Soccer Stadium Tour