Lafayette Cemetery Walking Tour - New Orleans
OverviewThis "city of the dead" walking tour is visually and historically alluring. Established in what was known as the City of Lafayette, now the heart of the Garden District, it remains non-segregated and non-denominational. This hour long tour discusses the burial traditions while showcasing wall vaults, family tombs and society tombs.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourMeeting inside The Rink at your chosen departure time, you will be properly prepared before entering the sacred space of the cemetery nearby. This walking tour is designed to provide a different perspective for those seeking a small group experience of the Lafayette #1 Cemetery with a warm, professional guide. The city manages this cemetery along with others throughout the parish. Movie buffs familiar with Double Jeopardy will recognize the architecture. This hour long tour discusses the burial traditions while showcasing wall vaults, family tombs and society tombs. This tour ends at the cemetery gate. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and watch out for uneven surfaces in the cemetery.
How the dead are treated says a lot about who we are as a people, making this an interestingexploration of New Orleans culture.
Inclusions for Lafayette Cemetery Walking Tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Lafayette Cemetery Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
All sales related to this product are final and non-refundable. In case you wish to cancel the reservation you will be charged 100% cancellation fees.
You Might Also Like
- New Orleans Food and History Tour
- Jingle Bells New Orleans History and Beer Walking Tour
- Destrehan Plantation and 6 passenger Airboat Combo
- New Orleans Garden District Walking Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Louis Armstrong International Airport
- New Orleans Super Saver: City Tour and Steamboat Natchez Harbor Cruise