OverviewDiscover the allure of Lagos and Sagres on a half-day trip to the West Algarve with an expert local guide! After a hotel pickup, travel to the lively seaside town of Lagos and see its enticing collection of sights. Pay a visit to Antonine Museum inside the Church of St Anthony (Igreja de Santo Antnio) to see historical local relics, and stop at the Statue of Prince Henry the Navigator to learn of Lagos links to the Age of Discoveries. After ogling the ocean views from Ponta da Piedade, explore the village of Sagres, perched on Europes southwesternmost tip. All entrance fees are payable at your own expense.
- Led by a local guide
- Hotel pickup included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourStart your half-day trip with a hotel pickup, and then travel west to Lagos, your first stop of the day. Eternally popular, Lagos boats seductive scenery, and its pristine beaches, modern and historical architecture and atmospheric bars are the embodiment of a picture-perfect Algarve town. Learn of Lagos’ links to the Age of Discoveries — the Middle Age era of European exploration — and see its sights on a walking tour around the center.
Pay a visit to Antonine Museum, an exhibition space enclosed within an 18th-century church, to see a range of artifacts found in the local area, some of which date to Roman times. After exploring the exhibits, continue to the site of the first European black slave trade back in the 15th century, when Lagos went on to become an insipid hub for slave trading.
Stop for photos by the Statue of Prince Henry the Navigator, and hear how it was erected in honor of the town’s intrepid explorer who left Lagos in 1415 for the Moroccan city of Ceuta — an event that kick-started the Age of Discoveries.
Travel west and then stretch your legs on a walking tour around the laid-back little village. Admire its pretty fishing harbor and village center, and then travel to Cape St Vincent, the vantage point that marks Europe’s southwesternmost point. Then, start your journey back to the Algarve region, and finish your half-day trip with a drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Lagos And Sagres Half-Day Tour From The Algarve
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
Exclusions for Lagos And Sagres Half-Day Tour From The Algarve
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to Antonine Museum
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.