Lake Atitlan Lower Mayan Trail Hiking Tour From Panajachel
OverviewDiscover the North Shore of Lake Atitlan on this 4-hour hiking tour. Family Friendly. Admire the breathtaking scenery, and see Mayan villagers and farmers on their daily life. Hike along ancient paths in a remote section of Lake Atitlan.
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Know More about this tourYour day begins in Panajachel, where you will board a motor boat and depart for the rugged north shore and the popular San Marcos Village.
You will have time to explore the village before hiking on to the remote villages of Tzununa and Jaibalito, ending in Santa Cruz.
The north shore of Lake Atitlan has no true road access, so youll be hiking along ancient paths that have been used by the Kachekel Maya for centuries. See villagers going about their daily life, encounter farmers tending their corn and coffee fields, and see some of the most magnificent scenery in the world.
This rugged and remote section of Lake Atitlan has barely been touched by the outside world. This hike takes you several hundred feet above the ever-changing waters of Atitlan for breathtaking views of the famous volcanoes. Then descend into the Pumpatin Canyon for a nature walk along the banks of the river.
You experience 2 different ecosystems as you walk from the upper lake shore into the narrow canyon.
Enjoy some free time for a picnic lunch (not included) on the shore of the lake, and take a swim if you desire.
Your day will end boarding your boat that will take you back to Panajachel.
Inclusions for Lake Atitlan Lower Mayan Trail Hiking Tour From Panajachel
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Boat transfers
Exclusions for Lake Atitlan Lower Mayan Trail Hiking Tour From Panajachel
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.