Lake Atitlan Village Tour From PanajachelWrite a Review
OverviewWe take a private boat to visit the most important communities on Lake Atitlan. During the water taxi ride we will enjoy stunning views of the lake and its three volcanoes. We will learn about the culture, traditions, and costumes of the different villages.
- Fully narrated tour
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourWe take a private boat to visit the most important communities on Lake Atitlan.
During the water taxi ride we will enjoy stunning views of the lake and its three volcanoes as well as learn about the culture, traditions, and costumes of the different villages.
We start from Panajachel or wherever you stay on Lake Atitlan to visit San Juan La Laguna, my hometown.
Here we see textiles with natural dyes and beautiful Maya art. We will also enjoy seeing the different murals on the walls made by local artists reflecting the life and culture of the Tzutujil Maya people.
Then we continue to Santiago Atitlan, the capital of the Tzutujil Maya Group and the largest indigenous community on the lake. Here we visit the most antique Catholic Church and Maximon (Rij Laj Mam) a postclassic Maya God.
We also get to see a lot of handicrafts. We may have lunch here if you wish (own expense)
We finish the tour in Santa Catarina Palopo a small village inhabited by Kaq’chikel Maya people. Then we return to your hotel.
Inclusions for Lake Atitlan Village Tour From Panajachel
- Round-trip transfer
- Private boat ride
- Professional guide
- All logistics
- Admission fees
Exclusions for Lake Atitlan Village Tour From Panajachel
- The listed price does not include parking fee, payable at the time of tour check-in.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Kayak And Hike Adventure Tour From Panajachel In Guatemala
- Lake Atitlan: Santa Catarina And San Antonio Maya Tour From Panajachel
- Lake Atitlan Hike
- Lake Atitlan And Authentic Market Of Solola Tour
- Horseback Riding At Lake Atitlan From Panajachel
- Maya Cooking Class From Panajachel
- Shared Transfer: Panajachel Hotels To Antigua
- Sunset Mountain Biking Tour On Lake Atitlán
- San Pedro Volcano Hiking Tour From Panajachel In Guatemala