Often described as the ‘Image of Paradise’, the Alpine resort town of Bled will enchant you with its emerald-green lake, fairytale-like island and imposing castle reigning on top of a rocky cliff. You will have a chance to visit the castle, to take the small boat named “pletna” and visit the adorable island in the middle of the lake. On your way back to Ljubljana you will stop at the medieval town of Radovljica and visit the live gingerbread museum
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tour
Your excursion begins with a complimentary pick up from your hotel or alternative meeting point when pick up isn't possible at the hotel. During the drive in a comfortable car/minivan your guide will share information and answer to your questions regarding Slovenia. Meanwhile you will be driving about an hour through rural Slovenia towards the Julian Alps.
When you arrive to Bled, you will experience a drive around the lake and a short stroll around Lake Bled where your guide will share his/her knowledge about this beautiful place. After the sightseeing tour of the town, you will have a chance to visit the majestic Castle or enjoy in a ride in a traditional wooden boat, called »pletna« to the island and back or you can enjoy on your own time.
After a short drive to Radovljica and sightseeing tour of the city, you will see the famous Slovenian gingerbread workshop Lectar. 'Lectarstvo' is an old and renowned traditional handicraft of Slovenia. The decorated pastry is made from honey dough and shaped either with a wooden or a tin mold, or by hand.The craft is one of the oldest practiced in cities and on squares, while in the countryside lect workshops appeared in the 19th century, when lect-making saw its heyday. Today, honey-bread products are precious souvenirs from Slovenia. Of course a visit of the Slovenian countryside wouldn't be complete without tasting what Slovenian cuisine has to offer. We will have a lunch, typical for the alpine region.
You will return to Ljubljana full of wonderful memories, where the tour will end at the meeting point.
Inclusions for Lake Bled And Radovljica Small-Group Tour From Ljubljana
- Transportation with car/van
- Sightseeing Tour of Bled
- Sightseeing Tour of Radovljica
- Entrance to Lectar gingerbread workshop and museum in Radovljica
- Lunch in a traditional restaurant
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Lake Bled And Radovljica Small-Group Tour From Ljubljana
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pletna boat ride to the island (14€/per person)
- Entrance to the church on Church of St. Mary's Assumption (6€/per person)
- Entrance to Bled Castle (10€/per person)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults. Children must be accompanied by an adult
A small amount of walking is involved
Minimum numbers apply for the Group tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.