Lake Huechulafquen And Lanín Volcano Day Trip - San Martín De Los AndesWrite a Review
From USD 149
OverviewExperience some of Argentinas most stunning natural landscapes, including Lake Huechulafquen and Lann Volcano, on this day trip from San Martin de los Andes. Located at the northern end of Patagonia, the region is brimming with geologic wonders. Your knowledgeable guide also informs you about the indigenous Mapuche, with stops at local community churches. Pickup and drop-off at your central hotel ensures an easy day of exploration. Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group tour for a personalized experience.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourSerene lakes, rushing rivers and towering volcanoes are all in store on this full-day adventure to the Neuqun province. As you meet your guide and depart from San Martn de los Andes, get ready to see some of Argentinas stunning natural wonders.
After traveling for 26 miles (42 km), you'll arrive in Junn de los Andes, a small village known for its traditional church representative of the regions Mapuche culture. Leaving Junn, catch your first glimpse of Lake Huechulafquen, an emerald glacial lake in Lann National Park. The majestic, snow-capped Lann Volcano sits prominently in the background. Upon arrival at the lake, follow your guide on foot toward the headwaters of Rio Chimehun, a river internationally renowned for trout fishing and rafting.
Continue on to the Mapuche community of Caicul, where you can sample local specialties like grilled meats and fresh salad (own expense), then stroll the black volcanic sand beaches. Once youve sated your appetite, head to the 12,388-foot-high (3,776-meter) Lann Volcano, where youre greeted with views of shimmering glaciers and lush hillsides in the distance. Stop at the southern base, the closest entrance to the volcano, and bust out your camera for frame-worthy photos.
Its not over yet one last stop at Lake Paimun gives your small group the opportunity to visit another chapel, with images of ancient Mapuche people. Make a brief stop on the shore of the Futaleuf River for one final, breathtaking view of the Lann Volcano before your guide returns you to your hotel in San Martin de los Andes.
Inclusions for Lake Huechulafquen And Lanín Volcano Day Trip
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Lake Huechulafquen And Lanín Volcano Day Trip
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
You may bring your own food and drinks
Small-group tour limited to 12 people
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.