Lake Manyara National Park Day Trip From Arusha
OverviewExplore Lake Manyara National Park one of Tanzania's finest gems, stretching more than 30 miles (50 km) along the base of the Rift Valley escarpment. Explore this natural beauty, a great spot for bird watching and home to a large diversity of wildlife, with the help of your expert guide. The park lies 1.5 hours (126 km's/ 80 miles) west of Arusha, Tanzania along a surfaced road and close to the ethnically diverse market town of Mto wa Mbu. Lake Manyara National Park is unspoiled paradise with ground water forest, laced with underground springs and teeming with wildlife such as elephants, hippos, giraffes, buffaloes, the largest baboon troops in Africa and some of the antelopes. Lake Manyara is a salt lake with thousands of flamingos. It is full of outstanding birding places with more than 400 species on display and butterflies. You can also see pelicans, storks, kingfishers and many other birds. It is also a famous jungle, where early Tanzanian movies were filmed.
Know More about this tour
After breakfast you are met by our professional tour guide/driver at 7:00AM , who will deliver a short safari info briefing, after which we travel west to the Great Rift Valley and the Lake Manyara National Park. We will travel through the agricultural and fresh produce market town of Mto Wa Mbu, which is situated next to the entrance of the Lake Manyara National Park. The town is a souvenir hunters paradise, harboring thousands souvenir salesmen ready to pounce at your slightest invitation.
The Lake Manyara National Park is one of Tanzanias most dramatically located African wildlife areas, consisting of a massive but shallow soda lake (covering two-thirds of the park) at the foot of the Great Rift Valleys western escarpment. The parks varied habitat attracts a wide variety of animals, including one of Africas densely populated African elephants herds, Lake Manyaras famous tree-climbing lions, as well as large flocks of flamingos, attracted by the algae in the lake. We will enjoy a picnic lunch inside the park and do two exciting morning and afternoon game drives, in search of the tree-climbing lions. Late afternoon we depart for Arusha from Lake Manyara where we will end our safari adventure. You will be taken to your hotel, which ends our tour packages services.
Inclusions for Lake Manyara National Park Day Trip From Arusha
- 4X4 Luxury safari vehicle
- Lunch including drinking water, soft drinks
- Professional driver-guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Park fees and all government imposed taxes (VAT 18%)
Exclusions for Lake Manyara National Park Day Trip From Arusha
- International flights
- Alcoholic drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 2-Day Short Safari to Tarangire and Ngorongoro Crater
- 4days-Ngorongoro and Serengeti Experience
- Meserani Snake Park Guided Day Tour in Arusha
- Mount Kilimanjaro Climb - Tanzania
- Tanzania Family Adventure Safari - 15 Days
- 3-Day Safari Tour to Ngorongoro Crater from Arusha
- 7-Day Safari to Ngorongoro, Serengeti and Lake Manyara from Arusha
- Full-Day Safari in Tarangire National Park