Lake Mapourika Scenic Cruise From Franz Joseph
OverviewYour 2 hour small group scenic cruise is on Lake Mapourika, which is a scenic gem on the Wild West Coast and only minutes from Franz Josef Glacier. Lake Mapourika boasts calm reflective waters, panoramic mountain and glaciers views as well as some of the last remaining untouched Kahikatea rainforest. The back of Lake Mapourika is home to NZ's rarest kiwi - the Rowi. Get up close and view native birdlife from the front viewing platform. Shelter from the weather can be taken in the cabin area. This is a great activity for all ages.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Choice of seating available
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
Know More about this tourYou will meet at the booking office in Franz Josef 10 mins prior to your cruise departure. You will then have the option of taking the courtesy transport or driving yourself to the lake where you will board the boat and your tour will begin.
Lake Mapourika is famous for its mirror like morning reflections, stunning sunsets and outstanding views. The lake was left behind by the Franz Josef Glacier as it retreated some 14,000 years ago. Now the lake remains calm and reflective, in the warmer and drier section of the Franz Josef Glacier Valley.
Your skipper will provide you with a unique perspective on the region, with a wealth of knowledge from years of guiding on the Franz Josef Glacier.Your boat, The Hanna-k is fully enclosed, with a covered back deck and front viewing platform. The opportunities for photographs are endless!
The Okarito Kiwi Sanctuary is a Kiwi Conservation area which borders the back of Lake Mapourika.Learn all the latest about the Rowi Conservation. Take the scenic cruise + hike option to enjoy a guided walk through the sanctuary and see lots of native birds on the track and on your boat journey.
Take the evening scenic cruise option and feel free to bring a bottle of wine to relax and unwind after your day of adventures on the West Coast.
Inclusions for Lake Mapourika Scenic Cruise From Franz Joseph
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- National Park fees
- Local guide
Exclusions for Lake Mapourika Scenic Cruise From Franz Joseph
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.