OverviewSpend a memorable evening on a kayak tour of Lake Rotoiti with an expert guide. Visit natural hot springs and glowworm caves, and enjoy plenty of time for a relaxing soak, swim, and barbecue dinner. After your meal, paddle into lakeside caves to see glowworms and Koura - crayfish, and take in the sunset as you wrap up your kayak tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourAfter pickup at your hotel in Rotorua, travel about 20 minutes to the kayaking headquarters where your expert guide provides a safety talk and paddle instructions. Once you’re ready, grab your gear and head to the launch site at nearby Lake Rotoiti.
Follow your guide as you paddle at a leisurely pace across the picturesque Lake Rotoiti, gliding past holiday homes that dot the lakeshore. Hear the history of the area from your knowledgeable guide, including local Maori legends, and facts about native plant life such as the Pohutukawa, aka New Zealand's version of the Christmas tree.
Within an hour or so, arrive at a lakeside spot that features natural hot springs! The thermal waters feed into several hot pools of varying temperatures. Enjoy more than two hours to relax here, soaking weary muscles in the hot springs and swimming in the lake. Then tuck into a picnic barbecue dinner that might include steak, gourmet sausages, a choice of salads, and a cheesecake dessert.
As evening starts to fall, return to your kayak and paddle to a cave that is accessible only by boat. Inside, take in the surreal beauty of hundreds of glowworms shimmering on the walls around you.
Continue paddling about 25 minutes to a second cave where koura, small freshwater crayfish, are often spotted. Spend about 15 minutes in this cave, then hit the homestretch of your kayak trip with a 20-minute paddle back to the boat launch. Head back to headquarters where you can change into dry clothing. You are returned to your Rotorua hotel after a magical evening on Lake Rotoiti.
Inclusions for Lake Rotoiti Evening Kayak Tour Including Hot Springs, Glowworm Caves And BBQ Dinner
- Kiwi BBQ dinner
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hot pools entrance fees
- All specialist equipment
- Full training
- Use of Kayak rental
Exclusions for Lake Rotoiti Evening Kayak Tour Including Hot Springs, Glowworm Caves And BBQ Dinner
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Towels can be hired for NZ$2.00 per person
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not wheelchair accessible
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Please bring swimwear and a towel
Maximum of 20 people
Minimum age is 5 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.