Lake Tahoe's Emerald Bay Cruise On M.S. Dixie II - South Lake Tahoe
OverviewTake a 2-hour sightseeing cruise on the M.S. Dixie II around magnificent Lake Tahoe to savor the wonders of this picturesque area. Discover breathtaking views of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Emerald Bay, charming Fannette Island and Vikingsholm Castle.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Family friendly
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourThis two-hour narrated Emerald Bay Sightseeing Cruise offers non-stop photo opportunities that will delight everyone in your family or group. As you cruise to, through and back from Emerald Bay, you will learn how it was formed and some of its fascinating history. Hear tales of Fenette Island (nicknamed "little rock island") within the bay, as well as the Vikingsholm Castle, the stone mansion on its shores.
You will even get a look below Lake Tahoe's surface, with a special video presentation of "Sunken Treasures of Lake Tahoe". This is a state-of-the-art video presentation showing what lies deep beneath the brilliant blue of Lake Tahoe's surface. Travel 500 feet below the waters of Glenbrook Bay to tour the Steamer Tahoe, the majestic vessel that cruised Lake Tahoe for 50 years before being sunk by her owners.
See underwater canyons and rocky bluffs that until now have never been seen by human eyes. Cruise through recently discovered ancient forests of petrified trees; forests that forced scientists to rethink theories of the lake's size and evolution. Roam the bottom of Emerald Bay and explore newly discovered sea mounds that are unlike any previously known underwater formation at Lake Tahoe.
Optional buffet lunch is available on the morning cruise during summer, which consists of a deli meats, cheeses, salads, soups, bread, chilli, cookies, soda, tea and water. Full bar service is also available (additional cost) for onboard M.S. Dixie II during the round-trip excursion from historic Zephyr Cove to Emerald Bay.
Inclusions for Lake Tahoe's Emerald Bay Cruise On M.S. Dixie II
- M.S. Dixie II cruise
- Video presentation of "The Sunken Treasures of Lake Tahoe"
- Local taxes
Exclusions for Lake Tahoe's Emerald Bay Cruise On M.S. Dixie II
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour cannot be booked or amended within 24 hours of departure
Smoking is permitted on the 3rd deck and outside viewing areas only
Wheelchairs are permitted on M.S. Dixie II, however there are no elevators on board servicing the 2nd level
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.