Lake Titicaca Full-Day Tour From Puno: Uros And Taquile Floating Islands
OverviewTake a tour by boat on the famous Lake Titicaca (the highest, deepest and biggest lake in the world) to the Uros and Taquile floating Islands where you will experience how the native people live and work with totora reeds and weaving. The culture around Lake Titicaca is very spectacular as it is the only place in the world where you can experience so great weavers and totora reed constructors. It is also where the Inca Empire was born and where it all began.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourAround 6:45 am you will be transferred from your hotel in Puno to the port where we will board the motor boat. On the way we visit two floating islands, inhabited by the legendary Uros, fishermen who have made the use of Totora reeds a way of life. Sailing on Totora boats is available and optional.
Thereafter we will depart to Taquile Island, slowly we ascend to the town, a gentle hike that takes about 50-minutes. There we observe a native community that conserves ancestral forms. Its people are skilled weavers and you can interact with them and share your cultures.
Before returning back to Puno you will have lunch at a local restaurant. You can also go down the west side of the island on a staircase of 500 steps where you will see spectacular views.
At 2:30pm we take a three-hour boat ride back to Puno, and arrive around 5.30pm.
Inclusions for Lake Titicaca Full-Day Tour From Puno: Uros And Taquile Floating Islands
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off at your hotel inside the town of Puno(if you are staying outside the town of Puno you need to take a taxi to the main square of Puno)
- Transportation by boat on Lake Titicaca
- Bilingual Tour guide
- All entrance fees
Exclusions for Lake Titicaca Full-Day Tour From Puno: Uros And Taquile Floating Islands
- Totora boat ride
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Remember to bring water, snacks, clothes for warm, cold and rainy weather, sun hat & sun block, camera, extra money for souvenirs, totora boat ride and lunch
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Kayak to Uros and continue by boat to Amantani and Taquile 2d1n
- Kayaking to Uros floating islands Lake Titicaca
- Private tour to Uros and Llachon 1d
- Group Tour with FAST BOAT: Full-Day Titicaca Lake tour: Uros and Taquile
- Private Transportation from Airport to Puno (Van up to 5 people)
- Sillustani Pre-Incan Burial Grounds Half-Day Tour
- Full Day: Uros and Taquile Island- Puno
- Taquile island cultural tour with fast boat