Lake Wakatipu Catamaran Cruise From Queenstown
OverviewEnjoy exploring New Zealands gorgeous Lake Wakatipu on a catamaran cruise from Queenstown. Surrounded by stunning mountains including the Remarkables and the Southern Alps, Lake Wakatipu is New Zealand's longest lake and a highlight of Queenstown. Your captain provides informative commentary about the sights and wildlife around the lake as you cruise to the western shore to take in the stunning scenery. Choose from a selection of morning and afternoon cruises to fit your schedule.
Know More about this tourMeet at a convenient downtown location in Queenstown to board your spacious catamaran for a nearly 2-hour tour of gorgeous Lake Wakatipu in the morning or early afternoon. Carved out by an enormous glacier in the last ice age, the lake reaches depths of 1,300 feet (400 meters). Mountains surround the water, providing a dramatic backdrop to the deep blue lake.
Experience this stunning locale from your boat, which is equipped with warm indoor seating, large viewing windows and outdoor decks that offer unobstructed views from either side of the vessel. An onboard cafe serves beverages and snacks for purchase.
Head to Mt Nicholas High Country Station, located on the western shore of the lake, with a stop at Bob's Cove to view flora and fauna up close from the boat. Soak up spectacular views looking towards Glenorchy, Mt Earnslaw, the Southern Alps and the Remarkables mountain range.
Your captain provides informative commentary about the landmarks and native wildlife as you cruise. You are also welcome to join the captain in the wheelhouse. Learn about atmospheric pressures that cause the lakes water level to rise and fall about 5 inches (12 centimeters) every few minutes. A Maori legend says that the waters changing levels stem from the heartbeat of a giant who lies asleep in the lakes depths.
While a slumbering giant might be hard to prove, it's safe to say Elves have been here. The lake provided the setting for the Lothlrien scenes filmed for The Lord of the Rings movie.
After a leisurely cruise on Lake Wakatipu, return to the starting point in Queenstown where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Lake Wakatipu Catamaran Cruise From Queenstown
- Sightseeing cruise Lake Wakatipu
- Live commentary on board
- Free tea and coffee
Exclusions for Lake Wakatipu Catamaran Cruise From Queenstown
- Food and Drinks - available for purchase
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise of your country of origin at the time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Interpretation handouts are available in the following languages: Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, German, Spanish, French and Russian.
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Milford Sound Landing and Glaciers Fly Over
- Queenstown Trail Highlight Self Guided Bike Ride includes Queenstown Transfers
- Full-Day Milford Sound Walk and Cruise Including Scenic Flights from Queenstown
- Routeburn Track Private Guided Walk from Queenstown
- Small-Group Iron Road Rock Climb in Queenstown
- Half-Day Kawarau Canyoning Experience from Queenstown
- Milford Sound Fly Cruise Coach
- Queenstown Lake Alta Remarkables Hike