Lake Wakatipu Cruise And Mt Nicholas High Country 4WD Tour - Queenstown
OverviewDiscover New Zealands Lake Wakatipu and Mt Nicholas high country on a catamaran cruise and 4WD tour from Queenstown. Cruise to the lakes western shore while hearing informative commentary from your captain. Visit a merino sheep farm, then hop into a 4WD vehicle and zip into the mountains for a bird's-eye view on the stunning region. Take short walks on the mountain, and snack on morning or afternoon tea before returning to Queenstown by boat.
Know More about this tourFrom the docks in Queenstown, step aboard your deluxe catamaran to cruise across gorgeous Lake Wakatipu, which reaches depths of 1,300 feet (400 meters). Surrounding mountain ranges create a dramatic backdrop to the dark blue lake.
Your boat is equipped with warm indoor seating, large viewing windows and outdoor decks that offer panoramic views of the Southern Alps, Glenorchy, Mt Earnslaw, and the Remarkables mountain range. An onboard cafe serves beverages and snacks for purchase.
Listen to informative commentary from your captain about the sights you see from the boat. Atmospheric pressures cause the lakes water levels to rise and fall about 5 inches (12 centimeters) every few minutes. A Maori legend attributes the phenomenon to the heartbeat of a giant who lies asleep in the depths of the lake.
A slumbering giant might prove hard to find, but one could say that Elves have been here. Lothlrien scenes filmed for The Lord of the Rings movie were staged here at Lake Wakatipu.
Disembark from your catamaran at the Mt Nicholas High Country Station on the western shore of the lake and then visit a family-run merino sheep farm where you can learn about raising sheep and making wool. Then transfer to a 4WD vehicle to scale the mountains with stops at spectacular spots where you can enjoy short walks.
Your cruise on Lake Wakatipu, farm and high country 4WD tour ends upon your return to the docks in Queenstown.
Inclusions for Lake Wakatipu Cruise And Mt Nicholas High Country 4WD Tour
- Sightseeing cruise
- Guided farm tour
- Light Farmers Platter Lunch
- Free tea and coffee
- Farm and 4WD Tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Lake Wakatipu Cruise And Mt Nicholas High Country 4WD Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise of your country of origin at the time of booking
Please wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Lake Wakatipu and Kawarau River Jet Boat Ride
- Half-Day Skippers Canyon Photography Tour from Queenstown
- Full-Day Routeburn Track Guided Hike from Queenstown
- Queenstown Triple Challenge (Jet Boat Ride, Helicopter and White Water Rafting)
- Milford Sound Walking Tour with Return Flights from Queenstown
- Milford Sound Cruise and Optional Coach Tour