Lamanai And Scenic Boat Ride Along The New River Lagoon - Belize City
OverviewOn your way to the Lamanai site, visitors can enjoy a scenic boat ride along the New River lagoon. Morelet's crocodile and various species of birds, turtles and bats will be seen along on the way. You will also get to see a local Mennonite community. Most of all, you can enjoy being serenaded by Black Howler Monkeys!!
Know More about this tourLamanai Mayan site is one of Belizes largest ceremonial centers. It is located on the banks of the 30 mile long New River Lagoon, in the Orange Walk District, north of Belize City.
With one of the longest occupation spans in the Mayan World, Lamanai was occupied continuously for over 3,000 years, from 1500 B.C. to A.D. 1675.
The site of Lamanai includes eight major plazas, a ball court with the largest known ball court marker, a well-preserved mask of a Maya ruler emerging from a crocodile headdress, a 108 foot tall pyramid, one of the largest Pre-classic structures in the Maya area and an intricately carved Stela depicting the ruler Lord Smoking Shell.
These are the main focal points at the site. Found also at the site are remains of a Christian Indian Church, which revealed that in 1544 the Spaniards had built a church on top of a Maya temple.
This site has an excellent museum with pottery vessels, flints and figurines, many representations of crocodiles, indicating that the crocodile was very important to the people of Lamanai.
The mystic wonders of our great ancestors and their intriguing past await you in this exciting adventure!
Inclusions for Lamanai And Scenic Boat Ride Along The New River Lagoon
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Sightseeing cruise
- Small-group tour
- Round-trip private transfer
Exclusions for Lamanai And Scenic Boat Ride Along The New River Lagoon
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.