Land And Sea Tour In Grand Turk
OverviewSee the highlights of Grand Turk on land and in the water during this 3-hour sightseeing and snorkeling adventure by minivan and boat. Your expert guide takes you around the island in an air-conditioned minivan to visit downtown, the Grand Turk Lighthouse, the salt ponds and more. Then head out to sea to visit two locations with excellent snorkeling, or stop at a small island to swim with friendly stingrays. Small-group tour with a maximum of 20 people ensures personalized attention from your guide.
- Family friendly
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourMake your way to White Sands Beach to board your comfortable air-conditioned van for your 90-minute island sightseeing tour. As you travel, your driver shares informative commentary about the sights. Travel past the former US Air Force base where astronaut John Glenn stayed after his spacecraft the Friendship 7 splashed down in 1962 near Grand Turk. Note the replica of his famous spacecraft at the entrance to the islands airport.
Head downtown where your minivan travels down historic Duke Street. Admire the 19th-century Bermuda-style homes and small businesses along the street. After exploring downtown, go north to the Grand Turk Lighthouse at the end of the island for great photo ops. Then see the old salt ponds and Salt Museum that memorializes the Turks once bustling salt trade. Keep your eyes peeled for sightings of endangered pink flamingos, wild horses and donkeys.
After getting familiar with the islands landscape, return to the beach to embark on your snorkeling cruise in the beautiful Caribbean Sea. After a safety briefing and equipment check, a short boat ride takes you to a shallow reef where you can snorkel in calm waters. Marvel at the colorful fish, coral gardens and perhaps the sight of an eel or stingray. Your expert guide provides tips for better snorkeling and can assist you with your gear and technique.
Next, choose to do some more snorkeling or head to a pristine beach where you can swim and watch friendly stingrays gliding through the water. Your captain decides the itinerary depending on weather conditions of the day.
After about an hour of snorkeling and swimming, your boat returns you to White Sands Beach to end the tour.
Inclusions for Land And Sea Tour In Grand Turk
- Local guide
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Land And Sea Tour In Grand Turk
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is recommended you wear a swimsuit and bring a hat and sunscreen
Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.