Land Of Romance - 7 Days In Georgia Eastside - Tbilisi
OverviewGeorgia is a wonderful stage for romance. From fairytale-like castles in the hills of the north to shiny, marmoreal backdrops of Kakhetian cities, each moment here feels like a chance for romance. If there are places in Georgia that are special to you, and you would like them included in your journey, please let us know, as perfect is the only way it should be!
- Charme of Tbilisi
- Old capital of Georgia
- Cathedrals and monasteries
- Georgian nature
- Castles and fortresses
- Cave towns
Know More about this tour
Day 1 : Arrival - Tbilisi
After you arrive, enjoy a private transfer to your hotel. Overnight at the hotel
Day 2 : Tbilisi city tour
Our guide and driver will meet you at your hotel for sightseeing tour in Tbilisi. Start at Holy Trinity cathedral, one of the largest orthodox cathedrals in the world. Continue to Metekhi church and monument to Vakhtang Gorgasali, the legendary founder of Tbilisi. Take cable car to Narikala Fortress to enjoy breathtaking panoramic view of the city. Walk down to the district of Sulphur bath houses passing by the only mosque in Tbilisi. Stroll through the Sharden area full of narrow streets with cozy cafés, wine tasting bars, souvenir shops, and breathe in the living past. Visit Sioni Cathedral, Anchiskhati Basilica, and the clock tower of famous Rezo Gabriadze Theatre.
Overnight at the hotel.
Day 3 : Mtskheta - Ananuri - Kazbegi
In the morning, depart Tbilisi and drive to Mtskheta, one of the oldest towns, the cultural and religious center of Georgia. Today, it is designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is a living museum, with many architectural and historical monuments. Visit Jvari (temple of the “Holy Cross"), built in the 6th century. Stand on a high hill overlooking the confluence of two majestic rivers Aragvi and Mtkvari. Visit Svetitskhoveli Cathedral (11th century).
Continue exploring Khevi province visiting Ananuri Architectural complex, which used to be a residence of Dukes of Argveti region. Complex featuring churches and towers dating back to the 16th-17th centuries is beautifully overlooking Jinvali reservoir. Continue driving on Georgian Military Highway passing through the highest point of it at 2379 m above sea level. En-route, make a stop at the mineral water spring flowing down from a hilltop. Arrive in Kazbegi, a small town with the views of Mt. Kazbek (or Mkinvari) 5033 m, the seventh highest peak in the Caucasus Mountains. Trek to 14th century Gergeti Holy Trinity Church located at an elevation of 2170 m under mountain Kazbegi.
Overnight in Kazbegi
Day 4: Gori - Uplistsikhe - Tbilisi
Breakfast at the hotel. Drive to Gori and visit Stalin Museum. The museum includes more than 60,000 artifacts, the tiny house where Stalin was born, and impressive bulletproof train Stalin used to travel to Yalta and Potsdam. Explore cave town Uplistsikhe dating back to Hellenistic Period and notable for unique combination of various styles of rock-cut cultures and the co-existence of pagan and Christian architecture.
Arrive in Tbilisi in the evening.
Overnight in Tbilisi
Day 5 : Telavi - Gremi - Nekresi - Kvareli
After breakfast depart towards the Kakheti region, the cradle of Georgian wine. Beautiful road lies through Gombori pass. Our first stop will be in Telavi, the administrative and historic center of the region. Have a short walk through charming streets of old Telavi and drive to Gremi architectural complex, 16th century royal residence and the capital of Kakheti Kingdom. Gloomy and monumental, the Gremi castle is one of the most visited tourist points in Georgia. Next stop will be at unique wine cellar “Khareba” located in the tunnel carved out of the rock. Originally built for military purposes, today the tunnel is used to store Khareba’s finest wines. Wine tour and wine tasting.
Overnight in Telavi
Day 6 : Tsinandali - Sighnaghi - Bodbe
After breakfast drive to Tsinandali, the residence of nobles of Georgia with beautiful English garden, a museum, and the wine cellar which belonged to prince Chavchavadze, 19th century public figure and poet. Our next stop will be in Sighnaghi, the city of love and the Royal Town, surrounded by defensive walls with 23 towers. Near Sighnaghi, visit the Bodbe Monastery which is nested among tall Cypress trees on a steep hillside overlooking the Alazani Valley, where it commands views of the Greater Caucasus mountains.
In the evening return to Tbilisi. Overnight in Tbilisi
Day 7: Tbilisi - Departure
Check-out from the hotel till noon. Free time till transfer to Tbilisi International airport.
End of the tour.
Inclusions for Land Of Romance - 7 Days In Georgia Eastside
- airport transfers
- accommodation with breakfast
- professional driver
- professional guide
- entrance tickets to sights
- rope-way tickets
- wine tastings
- 0.5 ltr mineral water per person a day
Exclusions for Land Of Romance - 7 Days In Georgia Eastside
- Air Tickets
- Taveling insurance
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Amazing Jeep Tour from Tbilisi to Gudauri
- Private Tour to Kazbegi and Juta from Tbilisi
- Hike to Gveleti waterfall by Kazbegi in a private day trip
- Private 2 days trip to Shatili Khevsureti mountains incl khinkali workshop
- 2 Days Gudauri tour !
- 2-Day Hike from Juta to Roshka via Chaukhi Pass
- Private Tour to Kazbegi from Tbilisi
- Tour to Mestia from Tbilisi